Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everyone,I was just talking to a buddy of mine and he told me that he just bought a new 1911 for under 400.00.i told him he is full of ship!!!and he told me about the rock island 1911 and sent me this. http://www.centerfiresystems.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1082 does any of you have one? i just might check them out.he said he put 250 rounds though it already with no problems.i noticed they even have 1 for under 360.00.let me know what you think.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have shot one, and still may buy one---

Are they Kibers, Springfields, or other high dollar 1911s? Nope

They are a good shooter 1911 made in the Phillipines by Armscor-- They are a great value for the money, and take every standard 1911 add on I think..

Value wise, you can't really go wrong-- I am still saving for a Taurus 1911 though-- which in my opinion is the best bang for the buck...

To answer your question, RIAs are great little shooters--

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
A guy I work with just bought one. He loves it. He liked mine but he carried one when he was in the military so he trusts it more.

·
Super Moderator
21,801 Posts
Got a friend that has one took it to the range and it took everything we could toss at it. thumbs up! its plain jane but works well.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I clicked on the other 2, rw. $480 for the Double Star looks to be a fine value. (not an ugly weapon for the $) $360 for the plainer one sounds like a steal when you consider the reports above.

I don't mind puttin' lipstick on a pig if the pig can still kick butt.

smit

·
Registered
40 Posts
The first 1911 I purchased was a Rock Island. Shot 2 boxes of Win White box through it and decided to sell it. Functioning and accuracy were fine but the hammer bite was unbearable. I don't know if this is the case with all of the Rock Island 1911's but it was a problem on this one. I thought about changing the hammer and grip saftey but the parts costs were close to $100. So,I bought a Springfield SS 1911 and sold the Rock Island for what I had in it. Before selling it, I compared the two and found that the grip safety on the Springfield was about 1/8" longer than the Rock Island. Just enough to prevent the hammer bite.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Yup, I had one. Nice shooter, though I never really warmed up to it and traded it off. Mine was the basic version; I should've held out for a Tactical, though, with the nicer grip safety and sights.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts