1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
751 Posts
Intelligent design. Price seems a bit high.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I have 2 RIA .45s that run great. This is the first I have seen of this particular variant. Looks like a great combo. Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Interesting! Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
.45 blowback. That should be interesting.
From what I've read, the .45 top end is traditional with a linked barrel, traditional slide, springs, mags, etc. Only the .22 is blowback I believe.

If so, the bottom end of this gun is all metal and all 1911.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The OPs link showed 529. You can get a nice German made 1911-22 for under $350. I like the design though because that lighter slide should be more forgiving to the small caliber.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
The OPs link showed 529. You can get a nice German made 1911-22 for under $350. I like the design though because that lighter slide should be more forgiving to the small caliber.
I have a standard and have had it about 2 years it is the standard. Very well made gun all steel. It is ammo picky 100% reliable with cci minimags ,ar tactical and blazers. not so good with other ammo. Drawbacks slide does not lock open after last shot fixed sights and when I spoke to ria about adj sights the thought it would be a weight issue and may cause problems. The slide and gun are heavier than the german made 1911-22s. I like the gun but I perfer my Advantage arms conversion kit ($279) on my taurus 1911 Pictures of xt22 sti spartan and pt1911 with aa conversion

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Right but this you get a 45 upper as well, think of it as your buying a 45 1911 with a 22 conversion kit.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Right but this you get a 45 upper as well, think of it as your buying a 45 1911 with a 22 conversion kit.
Not the one the op linked to. That was just the 22 model.

·
Registered
751 Posts
It's still ammo picky and a lot more then a Sig or GSG. Not a good buy in my book. Cool looking.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
That looks like what you get when you cross a 1911 with a PPK. I'll bet it's accurate with the barrel fixed in place like that. I like the heavy barrel with the nice crown, and the full length guide rod. A true 1911 trigger, and all that you can do with that. GEEZE! I'm starting to sweat! I think I like.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
It's still ammo picky and a lot more then a Sig or GSG. Not a good buy in my book. Cool looking.
I would say it will last a lot longer than the alloy 22lr 1911s like the sig/gsg
Randy

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would say it will last a lot longer than the alloy 22lr 1911s like the sig/gsg
Randy
That's what I'm thinking, since the frame and the guts are all steel and all true 1911 design. Not counting the .22 magazines of course. :)

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I think the combo kit ups the price considerably. The .22 LR only version is around the $470 to $530 mark at the internet gun stores.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts