Taurus Firearm Forum banner
41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Administrator
35,787 Posts
I put the GI guide rod and spring in my PT1911 and I've never gone back. Functions great and I think you'll like it in your Rock as well. By the way, I love the tactical sights, as opposed to the traditional 1911 sights.

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Administrator
41,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I thought this holster would be fitting for a pistol design well over one hundred years old. Pretty sure holsters like this were still commonly in use back then. It will be useful at the range I think. No plan to use it for carry since I have other pistols and holsters for that.
Brown Bag Luggage and bags Everyday carry Strap

·
Super Moderator
22,144 Posts
I like it! That's a classic holster that dresses up your shooter!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Rock Island same but, in army beadblast parkerizing. Good shooter also have one the same in 3.5 inch barrel. Also good shooter. I use 230 grain ball ammo in them for TARGET and defense.
Same here. LOVE MY 2 RIAS. ONE IN 5 8NCH AND THE OTHER IN 3.5 8 HAD BOTH BEAD BLST PARKERIZED.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
that plain wood cries out for some dremel action! then you can put on the black ones while you wait for replacement wood ones to come in:rolleyes:

·
Administrator
41,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Didn’t wait long enough to use the Dremel. New rosewoods arrived pretty quickly. You can back up a page or two to see them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just change the GRIPS. Call RIAVFROM THEIR WEBSITE LOCATED IN NEVADA AND, ORDER THE GRIPS YOU WANT AND NEED.

·
Super Moderator
39,274 Posts
Reactions: Dirt Road Cowboy

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I've thought about possibly selling my RIA 1911, I haven't shot it in over a year. Took the darn thing out yesterday and fell in love all over again! It's been on my hip all day! Lol.
Great shooter and great testament to John Browning design!

·
Administrator
41,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
They had quite a selection when I got mine. I'd like to see what you chose, when you get them. (y)

·
Registered
37,343 Posts
They had quite a selection when I got mine. I'd like to see what you chose, when you get them. (y)

Eye ended up going wiff one my Gun Shop had, it just seemed to be ME!-- B u r p.

Font Gesture Technology Graphics Fashion accessory

Reactions: Dirt Road Cowboy
41 - 56 of 56 Posts