Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,730 Posts
Nothing like a 1911 to put a smile on your face. You can Ieave them stock or pimp them out, no matter they shoot great and fill the "I need a new gun" void.
Congratulations

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
I like it. Clean & uncluttered. Agree with an earlier post, that a darker wood grip might look really nice.

Congrats.

Reactions: Smokewagon

·
Registered
14,823 Posts
Very nice! (y)

·
Registered
412 Posts
W
Been wanting one of these for sometime, and finally located one yesterday in Lubbock, Tx.
Handled one before, but never shot one. I took the chance and bought it.

Wife and I went straight to my shooting spot in spite of the wind and I am impressed. Only shot 60 rounds, as the wind was bothersome, but you can see from my target, that no windage adjustment is necessary. I might be shooting it a bit low, but I can compensate for that. You can see where I focused on four areas of the target. It was placed at fifteen yards.

Pistol came out of the box heavily oiled, so a wipe down and check to make sure there was no obstruction in the barrel we were off. Zero malfunctions. The gun is perfectly tight with close tolerances and quite easy and pleasant to shoot.
It came with one eight round mag. I have two Chip McCormick Shooting Star eight rounders as well as my PT1911 mags. I can use them all in the Rock. Funny thing is, the Taurus won't take the mag that came with the new pistol.
I look forward to a less windy day when I can shoot some more.

Well, you made me do it ! Remember when you first spotted the RIA in Lubbock and I mentioned the customer service ? Well, I broke out the RIA bi-tone and did some shooting...

I have the Hogue G10 grips...very fine texture to give enough friction without being annoying. Also, Smith and Alexander single piece arched mainspring and magwell.

The target shows slow shooting at the 10 ring, and the upper torso are double taps.

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I couldn’t warm up to the appearance of the black rubber grips even though they felt nice in the hand. Ordered these grips off eBay. They’re dark rosewood. About as dark as I can like. I think they look great.
Thinking now about a GI recoil spring assembly and plug.
218271AF-1E4F-47C7-BE3F-72081EFBEC54.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
37,264 Posts
^^ That is the classic look IMO! Beautiful.

·
22,981 Posts
Now those are some good looking grips!

·
Registered
36,797 Posts
BRGLM--Black Rubber Grips Lives Matter--thats all i am saying!
facepalm,.jpg

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Administrator
35,575 Posts
Very nice Smoke ! That will compliment your stainless PT1911 nicely ! Looks like you picked a good one.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Classy grips, I like em!

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I ordered the GI recoil guide rod spring and plug I mentioned above. Looks great, I really like. In operation, I can tell no difference in this one and the full length guide rod. Maybe a new holster if I decide I want to carry it now.:)
IMG_0457.jpg

·
Registered
412 Posts
I ordered the GI recoil guide rod spring and plug I mentioned above. Looks great, I really like. In operation, I can tell no difference in this one and the full length guide rod. Maybe a new holster if I decide I want to carry it now.:) View attachment 479702

I did the same with my RIA.

What kind of holsters do you prefer ? IWB...OWB...leather...kydex ?

21 - 37 of 37 Posts