Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,042 Posts
I could be interested in a 38 or 357. Never understood the attraction for 9mm or other rimless cartridges in a wheel gun....maybe a 10mm, but that's as far as my interest would go.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I could be interested in a 38 or 357. Never understood the attraction for 9mm or other rimless cartridges in a wheel gun....maybe a 10mm, but that's as far as my interest would go.
With the great reliability of today's semiauto pistols , The "need" of semi round revolvers , is questionable....

Only advantages with a revolver in 9mm would be the lower price of practice ammo .. and the performance of self defense 9mm ammo ..
With 9mm you have the option of standard pressure ammo , +P & +P+ .. Bullet weights from 115gr to 150gr ...
But as mentioned,, Semiautos are very realiable....

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Versatility if it is a convertible. I've an old Blackhawk in .357/9mm that is a mid 80's model. A later Blackhawk in .45 Colt/ACP. and two Taurus 692's. On top of that, I own a Bond Arms Cowboy Defender in .22LR, 9mm, .357/.38, 44 Spl, .45 ACP, .45 Colt, and .45 Colt/3" .410. I also own a S&W 625 in .45 ACP. So I like having the option. I did have a SP101 in 9mm, but it went down the road after getting the 3" 692.

Shooting revolver class, the moon clips are great speed loaders. I've a couple 627 cylinders that are going to get modified later.

Also, think in terms if something happens down the road and you need one handgun. A revolver isn't ammo sensitive, and 9mm, .38, and .357 is fairly common.

Maloy

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
With the great reliability of today's semiauto pistols , The "need" of semi round revolvers , is questionable....

Only advantages with a revolver in 9mm would be the lower price of practice ammo .. and the performance of self defense 9mm ammo ..
With 9mm you have the option of standard pressure ammo , +P & +P+ .. Bullet weights from 115gr to 150gr ...
But as mentioned,, Semiautos are very realiable....
revolvers are great for those of us who reload when picking brass up off the ground is not as easy as it once was.

Reactions: dwhite

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
revolvers are great for those of us who reload when picking brass up off the ground is not as easy as it once was.
For this reason I think I need more wheel guns.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: jimb1972

·
Registered
6,723 Posts

Looks like they are going to start importing Czech Republic made revovlers (Alfa-proj) ... Czechpoint USA were importing them at one time
Quality revolvers in 38spl , 357mag & 9mm
I looked on RIAs website, but didn't see any reference to anything other than the m200 and m206. Do you have any idea on a timeline for when these will be available?

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
oops, I found it. Jan 2020

Reactions: Buckeye!

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Not a big revolver guy although I do like my basic Charter Undercover .38 Spc. If I was going to be interested in a 9mm revolver it'd be one of the Ruger LCR series.

·
Premium Member
11,073 Posts
Isn't 10mm the same as 41 Mag.

·
Administrator
17,818 Posts
I could go for that! :cool: I love 3 inch barreled Revolvers and I always have plenty of 9mm ammunition on hand. :smile:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts