Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Watching robins in my bach yard, been seeing them for about a week now. Spring can't be far behind!!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
When the Canada Geese show up, Spring is there.

·
Administrator
39,384 Posts
Canada Geese, and Robins have been around here all winter, but lately, Redwing Blackbirds, having been flocking in by the thousands. You gotta be careful, when walking under trees!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Canada Geese, and Robins have been around here all winter, but lately, Redwing Blackbirds, having been flocking in by the thousands. You gotta be careful, when walking under trees!
I hear you. Starlings do the same thing around here. I used to live in an apartment with a big oak tree in the back yard that they liked to inhabit. When walking from the garage to the house I'd always clap my hands before exiting the garage which would cause them to shut up and take off. Then I could get to the house. Otherwise it felt like it was raining - but it wasn't rain. :D

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
I took notice of my first one here in N. Illinois yesterday and at the same time saw earthworms on the pavement. Those could be related!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yep, it's a good thing to see. We are going to be three out of seven days in the seventies next week! Still I wouldn't hold my breath -- we have had snow in May before....

·
Super Moderator
35,570 Posts
I haven't put the snowblower away yet.

·
Premium Member
16,956 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,865 Posts
Using the a/c in the car here! But the merganser ducks, are only just heading south....or maybe I missed them when they came south and they are heading north?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I live in California wine country.
We have the red winged black birds and also starlings that come in the thousands in spring. They absolutly darken parts of the sky as they swirl and shift in unison. Beautiful sight to see!
Happy Spring Everyone! Almost. :)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've got Canadian geese, red wing blackbirds, starlings, and some other critters hanging around. I've been seeing eagles quite often lately too.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Been working outside in shorts for the last few days and the NEXT 8 days are projected for the high 70s and low 80s. Spring in SC!

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Been working outside in shorts for the last few days and the NEXT 8 days are projected for the high 70s and low 80s. Spring in SC!
Great shooting weather coming up!
67 tomorrow, low to mid 70's until next Saturday, no rain.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Have already cut grass a week ago, trees are budding and we will get at least one more good frost. We don't have enough snow down here to blow. When we do get a little snow people go nuts. I would hate to spend winters in the north. I am not as tough as yall.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
The apricot tree is blooming, so I imagine we will get a hard freeze and have no apricot jam to make this year.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
There are a heckuva a lot more in Spring and Summer.
We lived near Medina, Ohio, and the large swamp/pond on the property had several dozen during warm weather, but pretty much nothing during Winter.
Springtime we were always finding nests with eggs near the water.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Here in Tulsa, they're looking at 83degrees this Tuesday! I'll take it!!

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
Yep, we've had robins and cardinals here for a few weeks now. Even smells like spring. Bugs are going to be bad this summer tho with no hard freeze to control them.

Sarge

1 - 20 of 21 Posts