Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Autopsy will probably find a number of illicit drugs in his corpse.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Guy back in the '80's walked past a marked Sheriff's patrol car to enter a gun shop to rob it. Once inside, he pulls a Ring of Fire bottomfeeder out of his pants, fires a round into the ceiling while announcing, "This is a robbery!".

His plan didn't get any further.

Including the owner and the uniformed deputy, there were 5 people in the shop, all armed. No one has been assigned responsibility for his death since he had too many fatal wounds from 5 different firearms and the coroner chose not to speculate as to their order.

·
Administrator
41,617 Posts
Article says it was unclear if the scuzball was armed. If not, I’m sure there will be a dust up over that. At any rate, I say good riddance. My tolerance of criminals is pretty thin to nonexistent.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Article says it was unclear if the scuzball was armed. If not, I’m sure there will be a dust up over that. At any rate, I say good riddance. My tolerance of criminals is pretty thin to nonexistent.

As you well know in Texas Robbery, not even Aggravated Robbery, the use of deadly force is listed as an action which can be taken. To be Robbery it must be the forced theft of property with minor injury or 'threats'.

It'll depend on what kind of communication or force was made toward the employee. I understand what you're saying so let's hope there is a video of the event from inside the store.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I think trying to rob a gun store is right up there in stupidity as robbing a police station...

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Of all the places to rob…

I think this would be at the top of the list of stupid places to try such a thing.

Some others might be:
  • Pawn shop
  • Harley Store
  • Police Station

Any others come to mind?
The DNC headquarters in the Watergate complex?

Reactions: ChrisH

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
There is always some idiot who will say "property can be replaced" and isn't worth dying for. Apparently this idiot thought it was worth dying for because he put his life on the line in an attempt to carry away someone else's property. It always amazes me that we are expected to expend countless moments of our lives engaged in pursuits that pay the bills, yet some elite tells us those moments aren't worth defending.

·
Registered
792 Posts
There is always some idiot who will say "property can be replaced" and isn't worth dying for. Apparently this idiot thought it was worth dying for because he put his life on the line in an attempt to carry away someone else's property. It always amazes me that we are expected to expend countless moments of our lives engaged in pursuits that pay the bills, yet some elite tells us those moments aren't worth defending.
Same ELITES that have no problem confiscating our hard work thru taxes? These 'elites' are not interested in your liberty or personal property rights. With your $ comes their power.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Shot in self defense AS HE WAS LEAVING THE STORE.

Not a good statement/fact?

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Pretty good writing without the usual left leaning newspaper reporter bias. No indication as to the disposition of the shooter, other than the evidence will be presented to a grand jury. I'm not familiar with a TX grand jury, but is a prosecutor turning it over to the GJ seeking an indictment, or does a GJ have to review every possible self defense shooting?

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Shot in self defense AS HE WAS LEAVING THE STORE.

Not a good statement/fact?
Hmmm. That's not how I read it. I read that he was holding a weapon, confronted, and shot. Then he attempted to leave the store (and did leave, collapsing in the parking lot).

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hmmm. That's not how I read it. I read that he was holding a weapon, confronted, and shot. Then he attempted to leave the store (and did leave, collapsing in the parking lot).

Fifth paragraph down:

"The employee told officers he shot the suspect in self-defense as the suspect was leaving the business."

·
Premium Member
7,671 Posts
Fifth paragraph down:

"The employee told officers he shot the suspect in self-defense as the suspect was leaving the business."
Okay, I see that. The next paragraph is where it appears contradictory. I'm guessing someone will come along and say that one can't be in fear for their safety as an armed robber is leaving. We'll see!

Reactions: Old_Sp5

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pretty good writing without the usual left leaning newspaper reporter bias. No indication as to the disposition of the shooter, other than the evidence will be presented to a grand jury. I'm not familiar with a TX grand jury, but is a prosecutor turning it over to the GJ seeking an indictment, or does a GJ have to review every possible self defense shooting?

By statute law in Texas ALL crimes subject to being a felony have to be reviewed by a grand jury. Here's ther statute:

Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Article 20A.051--Duties of Grand Jury

"The grand jury shall inquire into all offenses subject to indictment of which any grand juror may have knowledge or of which the grand jury is informed by the attorney representing the state or by any other credible person."

"Subject to indictment" means felony charge.

An Assistant District Attorney presents the facts of the case to the grand jury. It won't go there until the Homicide Division has completed its investigation. From experience...

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, I see that. The next paragraph is where it appears contradictory. I'm guessing someone will come along and say that one can't be in fear for their safety as an armed robber is leaving. We'll see!

Often when these "update" appear, the writer merely adds a sentence to the existing article and fail to clarify or edit what was in the original article. It's been like that for years...there is no true journalism these days.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
In my area we have a prosecutor who when commenting about a merchant who had to shoot a robber, essentially this statement to the robber.

"When you attempt to forcibly rob someone you forfeit your right to not get shot."

Also the words of Dr. Phil.

"When you commit to an action you own the consequences of that action."

1 - 20 of 31 Posts