Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
All FFls around here charge $5 for the NICS. The transfer fees range from $10 to $50 depending on what FFL you go to.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I've never bought a gun online but have bought several from Bud's in their store. Now their store charges a bit more than their web site however if you walk in with the page printed out as I do be it a gun, grips, holster or magazines that is what you pay the web price. They do however charge tax as I live in Lexington so I pay the standard 6% sales tax.

An example is my PT111 Pro was listed on the site at $318 while their store sold it for $348 I paid the $318 + 6% sales tax in cash.

·
Registered
435 Posts
GA does their checks through GBI, not FBI, so no $5 for the check.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I am about to buy a 1911 off of buds and was wondering the same thing. They are about $100 less than my local shop and with free shipping I figure that I'm coming out ahead even though the local ffl charges $25 transfer. I wish the gov didn't have to screw us on EVERYTHING

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
in Fl its 5.00 for the call in...no big deal IMO. the gun shops here are all over the place with transfers one local GS wanted 50.00 WTF! i found another guy in town that will do em for 25.00, thats a little more resonable.

·
Premium Member
10,960 Posts
chunk351 said:
if you have a C&R can you do the paperwork yourself?
If you're buying a C&R (03 FFL) firearm, there is no paperwork other than sending a signed copy of your license to the seller. They can ship it straight to your front door. If you're buying a firearm not on the C&R list, then it's handled just like any other on line purchase, and you must have it transfered by an 01 FFL (dealer).

21 - 27 of 27 Posts