Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,335 Posts
I saw him live along with three or four other Mid-80's acts in the old Boston Garden. I say I saw him because the acoustics were so crappy you couldn't hear him.

Somehow back then it didn't much matter...

BTW, who used the other ticket?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw him live along with three or four other Mid-80's acts in the old Boston Garden. I say I saw him because the acoustics were so crappy you couldn't hear him.

Somehow back then it didn't much matter...

BTW, who used the other ticket?
I imagine it was Eddie's Wife or Girlfriend who He is singing to.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,349 Posts
That sucks, RIP Eddie.....................:(

Reactions: JimmyA

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I've been listening to his music this evening. He really had some great songs. And so he will live on in his recordings :cool:

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Hope he had three tickets to paradise.

Reactions: JimmyA

·
Registered
14,607 Posts
Never got to see him live. Only time he was playing at a venue I was working back stage so I heard him and the crowd. I've heard he also put on a great show. Kinda sad I was working. His music was always a good thing to listen to and he will be missed. May he rest in peace.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Not a super 70's band. He didn't wear make up, a wig, a loin cloth, animal skin or flashy outfits like some 70's bands. He didn't scream in the mic, bash guitars in two on stage. He didn't bang his head or bite the heads off of bats. He sang songs about love and was a cool cat daddy. The working mans kind of rocker. No big deal, just everyday kind of Rocker that could sell out a venue. How cool is that.
R.I.P. Big Guy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Aw, not Eddie Money! One of the wife’s favorites.

Keep playin’, man... Just like Ronnie said.

·
Registered
18,502 Posts
I wasn't into his stuff but I respected his talent and he seemed like a super cool guy. I saw him on an episode of "The King of Queens" a couple or few years ago. Doug and his buddies had won a buncha' money (gambling, I believe) and had to spend it all fast, before their wives found out. They spent the last $200 hiring Eddie Money to perform solo in their living room. They really played it up like he was a down and out has-been, the guys had met him in a bar, IIRC. I thought his acting was great and the way he poked fun at himself, he must've been really good natured and had a real sense of humor. It's always sad to see the great ones go but I can offer a bit of a silver lining here. He had been diagnosed with stage 4 esophageal cancer but as I understand it, actually passed due to "complications as a result of heart valve surgery". My father died from esophageal cancer and I thank God Eddie was granted an early out. RIP, Eddie.

Reactions: loudviking
1 - 12 of 12 Posts