Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a Rio Grande in 45-70 and im having trouble with the lever jamming open after the last round has been ejected. I can (unstick) the lever by sticking something through the loading gate and pushing the follower (Factory plastic) back into the magazine tube. That obviously isn't something i want to do every time i cycle the lever empty. Any one have a solution i really don't want to ship this back to Rossi.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Greetings Justin and welcome to the forum.

First question I have is have you pulled the rifle apart and cleaned it well. If the follower is creating the issue it probably is because the tube is fully of shipping grease.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Picked my 45-70 SS Last Fri. Sounds as if you have shot yours. I just now took it apart for cleaning have not shot it. I used a you tube video of a Marlin 336 30-30 to disassemble , clean and tune. Evidently the Rossi is a very close copy of the Marlin. Alot of grease in the rifle. Does not show reassembly but I had no problem reversing the procedure. The action is very slick, and I run rounds thru it. It is somewhat difficult to get 6 rds in it without pinching a finger. But it did cycle and eject. Measured trigger pull on a wheeler spring gauge shows 4 3/4 pd. break.
Nice. hope to shoot it this weekend. Please polish up that carrier and around the loading gate and other areas as shown on the video.Marlin Lever-Action Disassembly and Tuning - Part 1 of 2

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.