Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you folks recommend in current production Double Action 22 revolvers.

I am looking for another 22 and kind of favor a 2-3 inch snubby, but might go for a longer barrel if it attracts me. Does taurus make any short barrel 22's?

Interested in any thoughts and especially first hand experience. Pics would be a real plus.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Taurus makes the 940 and the 941 with a two inch barrel. I am intending to buy the 941 snubby eventually. My friend's father has an older one and that is his drawer gun. It was a seven shot, all the current 941 and 940's are eight I believe, not sure though. They are decent little guns made for use, not collecting since I never see them get higher than $300 while the smiths just go up in value.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Well locally the 94 in ultralite 2" barrel is $297 cash price, $312 if you use credit cards. I would love one, but would have to trade or sell one to have the money.

·
32,706 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Looks like you've received your first homework assignment EnglishChannel. ;D

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just bought a almost new 85SS2UL with Crimson Tace for $450, and I think it's a great gun at a good price. It does help to know what's out there before you jump. My range in Conroe has boxes of manufacturers catalogs for the asking... The Taurus one makes for good bedside reading. Buy a Taurus to shoot, others can sit in the safe and appreciate.

·
32,706 Posts
Smith& Wesson has the 317 in 1-7/8 inch and 3 inch barrels as well.
While Taurus 94/941s can fit the bill there are other alternatives. Have to be fair about it.

If light weight is a major consideration the S&W is the way to go. Those are 8 shot revolvers though against the Taurus 9 shot ones.

HKS, www.hksspeedloaders.com makes nifty speedloaders that are light,hold the 9 rounds for the Taurus 94, and the loaders are light and disappear in a pocket. Makes reloading easy and quicker than if loading by hand.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts