Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been shooting my 1022 alot more than any of my other guns lately, I was toying with the idea of getting a couple more rimfire rifles and its time to choose the caliber. I am thinking either .22 wmr or 17hmr and also another .22 lr but am a pretty firm Savage guy so I was thinking for the .22 lr Im getting the mk2 but am really interested in the 93 in either .22 wmr or 17hmr what are your thoughts on this rifle in these calibers and if anyone has them tell me how you like the rifle. Also I dont really plan on hunting anything with these except for the occassional squirrel or rabbit.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to clarify I AM getting the MK2 in .22 lr just looking to also get something alittle more powerful in a rimfire, thanx guys.

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I am a big Savage fan as well. I have had a Mark II in .22LR for at least a decade, and it's been a great rifle. Can't speak to the other calibers though....

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the speedy reply! I must confess the only "Savage" I own is a Stevens 200 in .308 without the accutrigger but its still one of my favorite rifles. I went to my local gunstore and held a MKII and loved it! honestly its the first accutrigger Ive ever tried and needless to say I was damn impressed and am buying the one with the fluted and threaded bull barrel as soon as I get my paycheck next friday.

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
I have 2 MK-IIs in .22LR. One a heavy barrel with a scope. It will drill single hole groups at 100 yards on a decent day. I also have an FVT (peep sight) that is just a ball to shoot.
Since my primary reason for shooting rimfire is affordability, I have not explored other calibers.

Reactions: A-TEAM 513

·
Registered
73 Posts
The Savage 93 is a pretty nice 22 mag, but I've preferred some of the older tube-fed Marlins and the Henry lever action because of their greater capacity. I also think the Henry action is smoother than any other 22 mag I've fired. I've since traded them all away towards other rifles, but if I were looking for a new production 22 mag with a bolt action, I wouldn't hesitate to get a Savage again.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I have a 93 in 17HMR and 22 mag and have 2 MKIIs in 17 HM2. They are very, very good rifles. Extremely accurate,especially the HM2s. I really like their Accutriggers. I know it wasnt asked but I recently picked up a CZ 452 in 17 HM2 and it has turned into my favorite target rifle. I also have 2 Marlin 917M2s, and while nice, are not up to par with the Savages out of the box. I have done some work to the triggers and bolt and it has brought them up from the bottom. Also, dont overlook a Savage 64 semiauto. I own two of these and they are a little more accurate than my 10/22 is. they just dont get a lot of exposure and are not to well known. Rimfires are great!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts