Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bout a Taurus Millennium pt 132 and I was wondering if someone would know the right and best brand and bullet caliber to use and if there is any other size besides the 32 acp that can be used.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
I assume your new to firearms. I would suggest a firearms safety coarse. As to caliber only use what your firearm is specifically designed for only. Now in ammo brand and grains (weight) you need to see what performs well in your firearm. Any questions just ask here or pm me no judging here feel free. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Hello and welcome.

I echo everything sparks9293 wrote.

Reactions: darbo

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I just bout a Taurus Millennium pt 132 and I was wondering if someone would know the right and best brand and bullet caliber to use and if there is any other size besides the 32 acp that can be used.
Only use .32acp as that is what your barrel is stamped, use of other calibers can inflict damage to the gun and the operator.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congrats, and welcome to the forum!
Also, what everybody up-thread said...

·
Registered
29,957 Posts
Welcome aboard from Florida the "GunShine" state. :icon_ lala:

State of over "1 MILLION" Concealed Carry Licenses and counting.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! As it has already been stated, only use 32acp for your gun. Find the ammo your gun likes and use that. And the biggest thing to remember is shot placement. While not considered a primary CC caliber, a 22lr will get the job done is out in the right place. So practice, practice, practice. Nice gun too, been looking for one of those or a 380 for the wife

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Welcome from St. Louis MO!

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Welcome aboard.

My intention is not to be condescending. However, having read your post it leads me to believe you are new to firearms. I suggest that you get some professional training. Perhaps an NRA course. If you bought your pistol at a local gun store, LGS, they should be able to guide you in the right direction. Or perhaps they have professional instructors available. The cost is minimal compared to the benefits.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
Just like the others said, use only .32 ACP in a gun marked .32 ACP. There are plenty of choices out there (once they are back in stock). My personal favorite brand in that caliber is Sellier & Bellot with a Full Metal Jacket (FMJ) bullet. However, you need to try out each brand of ammo in your gun to assure function with your gun. Not all ammo, even if the proper type, will not function well in semi-auto firearms.

Here are some examples of .32 ACP ammo. 32 ACP | Handgun Ammo | Ammo

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
One thing to do before you take it out shooting is to clean all of the factory grease/oil/lubricant from it.

For the first couple hundred rounds use only a good brass cartridge.

and I do agree with others, find someone to train you in the safety, used and storage of your firearm. And also have fun with it. They are not toys, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it and have fun.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Welcome to the forum please stick around and tell us how you are doing.
I'm not repeating what the others have said it is all good advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts