Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PT 92 AF has a couple of boxes through, that's for sure... But I noticed the rifling at the crown is not regular in the design. Three of them are visible, (when you look at the muzzle) three are not. Either visible and invisible are aligned. Intentional? Damaged? Wrong craftmenship?
When I look the rifling from the chamber everything it's ok.
Thanks for help.

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts
I would have to see it for myself to really know, but it may be just that regular crowning got skipped.

Make sure that the Muzzle end cut is square and lightly clamp barrel in a vice. For re-crowning a barrel I just use a brass round headed bolt with a head that has a bolt head diameter just a little larger than the outside diameter of the barrel, chucked in a variable speed drill. Some Mineral Oil will serve as cutting oil, so swab some on the Bolt head. Select a medium speed and apply the bolt head to the muzzle to lightly bevel the existing muzzle crown. It won't take much and don't overdo it! Degrease and touch up Blueing if not stainless.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Sure you can, it really isn't as bad as it sounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all - I wanted you know that I did what you suggested above. Everything's working fine from my perspective. Either bore and crown look perfect now. Just one rifling is not totally and utterly visible at the crown when I look at the muzzle from the front, I suppose the previous owner have had cleaned the barrel from the muzzle, using a metal rod, and damaging it a little bit. But the PT 92 AF shoots as it's supposed to be. Thanks for help I appreciate.
Raf

·
Administrator
18,110 Posts
You are most Welcome! ;D

Happy and Safe Shooting!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts