Taurus Firearm Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
NYPD in AZ said:
It's not a rifle but I'd be interested in some good old pump-action pistol grip shotguns in 12 and 20 ga.
I think I could go for one of those in 12 gauge. :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·

·
Registered
117 Posts
Googled it and saw some pics, it could look a little nicer though, wood instead of synthetic IMO

·
Premium Member
11,654 Posts
:D BRING BACK THE TIMBERWOLF ! .357 or .44 MAG, and even in 500 Smith. :D

·
Registered
32,841 Posts
.45 acp carbine like the Marlin Camp design, to $450 with optional 20 rd mags

·
Super Moderator
36,149 Posts
Yeah, I'll make a contribution to this one. I'd like to see a Taurus version of the Browning take down .22 auto that has been built for a bazillion years, beautiful little rifle. The Brownings are ridiculous at around 550 bucks for grade one. I'd like to see pretty walnut, nice field grade, but about half that price and decent high quality. Norinco sold a version in the US and a buddy bought one from Walmart 20 years ago, but the execution of that one was lacking, sloppy fit and mediocre finish. Taurus could do the gun justice and sell it at a more reasonable price, if not the 100 bucks those Norincos went for. I'm willing to give some money for such a gun, but nearly 600 bucks for a .22 is a might ridiculous.

I'm a .22 nut, have 5 now, wouldn't mind more. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'd like to see them come out with a carbine similar to the Ruger pc4/pc9 using the 24/7 mags. And I'd also like to see them with something on the AR platform but I think the market is pretty well covered there.

I was going to vote for a 30-30 lever gun until my father brought home a brand new Mossberg 464 in 30-30...it's a pretty good copy of the Winchester 94ae with the exception that it has a tang safety just like my Mossberg 500. It's a really nice gun, smooth action, nice looking wood, and it shoots great!! With the best part being it came home from Dick's for $365!!! So as I am a faithful Taurus fan, I'd have to give it to Mossberg on this one.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Jonnyonwheels said:
I'd like to see them come out with a carbine similar to the Ruger pc4/pc9 using the 24/7 mags. And I'd also like to see them with something on the AR platform but I think the market is pretty well covered there.

I was going to vote for a 30-30 lever gun until my father brought home a brand new Mossberg 464 in 30-30...it's a pretty good copy of the Winchester 94ae with the exception that it has a tang safety just like my Mossberg 500. It's a really nice gun, smooth action, nice looking wood, and it shoots great!! With the best part being it came home from Dick's for $365!!! So as I am a faithful Taurus fan, I'd have to give it to Mossberg on this one.
That is a nice looking rifle.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Jonnyonwheels said:
yeah but what about its follower we would stay pure

·
Registered
388 Posts
A copy of the Marlin Camp Carbine with a forged alloy or steel trigger block instead of polymer and opened up for a double-stack magazine; chambered in .357SIG, 10mm and .45 ACP (but strong enough to take rechambering to .460 Rowland).

Lengthen/modify the T'bolt reciever and chamber it for the .357 Maximum and .445 SuperMag. That way folks could still use the "little" Magnums. haha

Oh, and a .357-44 Bain & Davis lengthened with a .445 case would be a ballistic twin to a .35 Remington and deer-legal in states like Indiana.

·
Registered
32,841 Posts
I'd like a M-1 carbine clone in a 45 acp for about $450

·
Registered
212 Posts
+1 vote that Taurus make a pistol caliber carbine. I like the traditional carbine look that the Ruger PC series uses, though it could certainly be improved. Maybe more like a Mini-14 SS synthetic stock.

It could have a thumbhole or a "connected pistol grip" similar to the Beretta--this gives you a legal pistol grip in jurisdictions where pistol grips are considered evil and dangerous (by the wussies). Ideally with flip up iron sights and rails.

The Ruger and Beretta carbines have heavy trigger pulls. Taurus could improve that with a smoother yet moderately heavy trigger.

I'd be very interested in what Taurus came up with, and I bet the price would be competitive as usual.

61 - 80 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.