Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This post is similar to the one I made in the Revolver forum with the exception that it pertains to rifles. ;)

What offerings would you like to see from Taurus?

I have a few ideas in mind though the one I'd really like to see would be a light carbine (5 - 6 lbs) with a synthetic stock chambered in 9mm, .40 S&W and .45 ACP (with hi-caps readily available for the .45) More looks wise to the Ruger PC9 than the CX4 Storm but with a pistol grip like the Storm.

If I'm lucky, one day they'll make 'em. :thumb:

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I'll second that idea.

And I'll add another one. How about a pump gun in the big boomer calibers, 44 mag, 454 etc?

Steelheart

·
Registered
123 Posts
A big bore lever action in the above mentioned calibers would be great,heck even one in 30/30 or 45/70.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would like to see them offer their non military caliber Swiss Arms SG 551 reproductions. Currently they offer them in .30 Carbine, but I'm sure there are some better calibers they could use with out breeching their contract agreement with Swiss Arms.

A semi-auto FAMAE would be nice too, but I'd much rather have a SG 551 clone in some odd ball but not to uncommon caliber. Being Taurus, I'm sure they could pull it off.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I've never heard of those. Could you post a link?

Steelheart

·
Registered
272 Posts
Lever or pump action .357 like the old Timberwolf. Why not just go ahead and get into the black rifle business and give us something in .223 and or .308.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great suggestions so far. :) An offering in 7.62.x39 would be a welcome addition too.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Your link works fine, thanks. However, my Porteguese isn't working. But I think I get the basics. Definitely some fun looking stuff there.

If I'm guessing right on the translations (that's a big IF) that 40 caliber carbine could be fun... and just think of all the interesting other calibers that it could be made in. Imagine a 357Sig carbine (until you get the ammo bill).

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
#1 bighoss

I'd like to see it in the .308 family, sporting (non-mil) type, low mount scopeable but w/ open sights, available in SS/synthetic. Like a 10/22 in .308. ;D

·
Registered
45 Posts
.308, .223, or 7.62x39 would be great but also a smaller carbine in a pistol caliber or a .30 carbine. one I'd like to see is .357 mag. the rimmed case makes it tricky but it can be done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'd like to see them come out with a bolt action 30-06. Looking at the quality and prices of their handguns, they could probably beat anything currently out there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
+1000 on the military carbine!!!

I'd be happy with .30 carbine, as long as we could get mags (it would be uber-cool if we could use M-1 mags).

They'd have to deal w/ 922(r) and either build them here or replace parts, I guess.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would like to see a lever action in 30-30, a 12 gauge pump & semi, and maybe something along lines of a 5.56 chambered rifle.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shotguns by Taurus would be certainly be welcomed too. Good suggestion DLE88.

Maybe pumps, semis and double barreled shotguns and ones in .410, 20 gauge, 16 gauge, 12 gauge.

O/U too -- shotgun on the bottom and rifle barrel on the top -- .223 & 12 gauge for example. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
oh man I can't belive I forgot about a rifle/shotgun combo or maybe even a double rifle

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'd like to see AR and/or AK clones from them... Esp. if they made different uppers for the AR, like a .223 and a 9mm.

SWEET! :thumb: :clap: :yipee:
:shooter:

1 - 20 of 88 Posts