Taurus Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Good to have you aboard!!! Really nice to finally have someone from Taurus peeking at our forums, Thanks!

I am one of the Moderators here at the forums, a semi-retried gunsmith and an avid collector of Taurus firearms since they first hit the USA.

I am sure one of the big questions is when are the new Taurus firearms coming out?

I personally am interested in 24/7 OSS (any caliber and would prefer the black frame), PT 809, PT1911 Stainless or either blued or stainless with the tac-rails.

My current Taurus collection is as follows:
PT92 -early model
PT92 -decocker
24/7 -9mm
24/7 -45cal
PT908
PT945 -Factory ported
PT145

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard Richard from one Rick to another. :)
It's an honor and a pleasure to have a representative from Taurus USA here.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Awesome.... welcome aboard!!! Let me be the first to say.... I want a Taurus 357 sig!

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Why doesn't everyone let Flyer verify Richard's identity first before we get all excited and start asking questions of him. ;)

·
32,808 Posts
Are you kidding? We even DNA sampled the guy. :) Welcome to the forums.

Just for giggles. Am a moderator here. And also own the older Taurus revolvers as do some of the staff and members.

Own a PT111Mil/pro and a PT22. And thinking of either getting a 24/7 or model 66 revolver in the near future.

Defender of Taurus and Rossi at THR and TFL forums. Nice to say Taurus owners are standing up and protecting their choices with fact and reason at the gun forums more so than ever.

Many members here are at the other forums as well and doing a bang up job getting the true word out on things.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
ALLLLL RIGHT!!! Boy are we glad you're on board. I, and a couple of others have asked why Taurus couldn't send some official help. We're gonna wear you out.
Here's my first request. Please ask the company big-wigs for an e-mail address that we can send questions to. That way they will better know what their most loyal customers, (us) want to know. We could sign up for a monthly E-newsletter. Maybe you could post it here. Many of us have the same questions and a "cover letter" would be greatly apreciated.
You may not know this, but the members of this forum often defend Taurus products on other forums. WE are your best resource, you should be ours.
Thanks,
Larry

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Yes I second the "We need an email address" for correspondence. In this day & age of internet, computers, etc it is frustrating and annoying not to have an email link for customer service...

·
Registered
790 Posts
Welcome to the board, Richard. I'm also on the moderating staff, and appreciate your interest and participation. Enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Welcome Richard. It's nice to know that someone from the manufacturer is interested in their customer base. Everyone here is polite but we all like direct answers to our questions. I also would like to see an ezine or newsletter. Thanks for your interest here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi Guys, sorry i have taken so long to reply. I am here to help as much as i can, even though it might take me a little bit longer since i don't have a personal computer ( yet ):

*kansas_plainsman: 800 series should be out early 2008.

*DEAEGER: 24/7 OSS will actually be coming out in the Desert Sand and in Black.

*TitaniumMan: PT 957 ( .357 Sig ) Came out in late 1999 early 2000 and was discontinued shortly after. (not very popular).

*warbani: As of right now we just have plans for the full size 1911.

*drummin_man627: I'll do my best in trying to have a E-newsletter or some kind of customer service bassed e-mail. But in the mine time you guys can just ask me and i'll be happy to answer any question to the best of my ability.

*ciurym: PT 1911 SS should be coming out towards the end of this year. Early 2008 we should have the B;ue and SS with the TacRail, also we should be introducing a Duo Tone Blue frame SS slide and also an aluminum frame version.

Sorry guys for the mass post but i wanted to answer everybodies question and this was the easiest way. Please feel free to either write me personal messages, also (especialy to the moderators) please point me to any questions or concerns on any of the other post or topics.

Richard

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Mass post is good with me. It answers all the questions we asked without working your fingers to the bone typing to individuals with quotes.

I am curious what all we can do to our Taurus firearms without voiding our warranty's? I know some of use either have or would like to do a like customizing of our PT1911's. Not that they are not great firearms as is, it's just the a 1911 pistol is like a Harley Davidson motorcycle (it's just begging to be personalize) ;)

I own a factory ported PT945 which I enjoy shooting alot. What other Taurus semi-autos come with the option of a ported barrel/slide? Is it something that must be ordered that way new, or can we have one of our current semi-autos converted? Always thought a 24/7 OSS or 24/7 Long Slide would be great ported like my PT945.

Once again, thanks for joining our little group ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Richard,
Welcome to the forum.

i have stainless 24/7 in .40 S&W and a 9mm long slide. purchased both guns, new, within the past 4-6 months the mags for the .40 won't hold more than 14 rounds, and they don't fit flush with the bottom of the mag well. gun shoots fine, but the mags are not "right."

9mm also shoots very nicely, but all three mags i own (2 came with gun, i added the 3rd at time of purchase) have the same "do not fit flush with the bottom of the grip/mag well." i suspect you guy have new mags that have eliminated these problems. i don't wan't to send in gun---takes too long. can you help me?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.