Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am a new 24/7 pro owner and I had a question about these grips. I recall reading that someone was putting down the durability of these grips and I wanted to know if that is true. They said that their grips had broken down and worn out within a year. Have any of you veteran owners experienced this? It would be dissapointing since these grips are not replaceable and most of us bought these models because of the comfort they offer. Thanks for the help and I am really enjoying this weapon. 200 rounds so far with no issues at all.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have seen very little wear with mine. I've only had it for a year and a half though. I'm not sure but I think the ribber is replacable.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Quite durable. My 24/7 is almost 2 years old with a LOT of use. The "ribber" has not worn down yet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I can't speak for the 24/7 but the ribbers on my 970 Tracker show absolutely no wear after one year and a few thousand rounds. If they do wear out, I'll get another set to replace them. New sets are very inexspensive.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you claim it on the warranty can you send it to Taurus and they replace the Grips?? I've had mine for a week and a half, and already i see slight signs of wear around the thumb placement area. The salesman who sold me my Taurus said the they had discontinued the "Ribber" on the .40S&W and i really wanted it, so he dug through the safe until he found only one left with the "Ribber." It's really comfortable, but I don't want to regret my Ribber choice if it going to wear this quickly without the possibility of replacement.

·
22,058 Posts
I've had my 9mm longslide for about a year and shot competition with it for a while.
Several thousand rounds between my son and I and the grips barely look used.

I wouldn't worry too much about the ribber grips. They seem to hold up fine.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Hmm why would they discontinue the ribber on the .40? Didn't they just recently add the ribber grips to the .45?

·
Registered
21 Posts
niko said:
Hmm why would they discontinue the ribber on the .40? Didn't they just recently add the ribber grips to the .45?
Not really sure about that, but he did show me a .40 without the ribber grips, and When i held it, it felt to small in my hand. I personally think all 24/7's should have it and was very distressed to hear that they were discontinued. I really like the grips, just a little worried it might start to wear more and make the gun look trashy.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I saw a .40 without ribber grips at a gun show recently and it was a ds version. Were the ones you were trying out ds? I wonder if its only the ds's that don't have the grips. My grips have been holding up pretty good, I haven't seen any type of wear.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
I think the new 24/7 Pro C 45acp has the ribber grips on it. Not sure about any of the full sized guns though.

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
Decocker Safety.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
Could it have been an older model that was made before the ribber grips were introduced?
I'm not sure. The guy told me that all the new shipments of .40S&W that they got were all without the ribber grip. He said they had several without the ribber and that he didnt think they had any with it left, but I got him to dig through them and find one with a Ribber grip.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Srouxd162 said:
I'm not sure. The guy told me that all the new shipments of .40S&W that they got were all without the ribber grip. He said they had several without the ribber and that he didnt think they had any with it left, but I got him to dig through them and find one with a Ribber grip.
I don't know the guy or the shop that you deal with, but IMO one of two things is going on here. 1) He is telling the truth and Taurus is dropping the Ribber Grip on the .40 or 2) He has a bunch of old model 24/7's that he can't get rid of and he's jerking you.

This should be able to be answered with a call to Taurus at (305) 624-1115

·
Registered
21 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
I don't know the guy or the shop that you deal with, but IMO one of two things is going on here. 1) He is telling the truth and Taurus is dropping the Ribber Grip on the .40 or 2) He has a bunch of old model 24/7's that he can't get rid of and he's jerking you.

This should be able to be answered with a call to Taurus at (305) 624-1115
I bought mine from the Academy Sports & Outdoors chain. The guy I'm referring to was the clerk at the guns counter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The grips may not be covered, in the event of wear and tear. Probably could replace them with hogue grips if needed.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts