Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just met with the Gunsmith who not only fixed but delivered my pistol he has a cabin up here on the lake and I met him at the Dollar General. The action is very smooth and goes in and out of battery like it should he had to do some work on the lugs I wasn't sure if the lugs or the hood needed adjusted but I knew it just wasn't quite right. A very reasonable man to deal with my total bill was only $30.00 which I thought was very reasonable. I'm just glad to have found a gunsmith they are scarce can be I used to use an old gentleman about fifty miles from here but he died a while back from cancer I really enjoyed visiting with him. He knew his stuff and he is missed and not just for his ability

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Hopefully you will be just as happy AFTER you fire it.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Super Moderator
37,237 Posts
He sounds like a keeper.. Hope it runs well for you.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had to take my brother in law to the hospital today for a procedure but tomorrow is definitely a RANGE DAY for me I believe it will be ok but I've got to find out

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to the Range yesterday it's not the same gun it use to hold nice tight groups now after a box o of bullets it looks mere like a shotgun pattern I'll almost get it on th bull then it jumps a couple three inches up and over or down and over like the sights are loose but not they are Bowmar type by LPA I tore it down ad checked it out the best I could I'll take it back later in the week and try again

·
Super Moderator
37,237 Posts
Ouch...that's a pain in the butt....did you run it off sandbags to see if it will group doing that?

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
Went to the Range yesterday it's not the same gun it use to hold nice tight groups now after a box o of bullets it looks mere like a shotgun pattern I'll almost get it on th bull then it jumps a couple three inches up and over or down and over like the sights are loose but not they are Bowmar type by LPA I tore it down ad checked it out the best I could I'll take it back later in the week and try again

OPPS!
Blame me I jinxed you my man---Sorry.---------------:1div64:
is the barrel loose when it is in full battery?
does the lugs look like they are worn ?
of course you may not have shot it enough yet to see.
did he replace the barrel bushing by chance?
OSO or one of the other 1911 gurus may be able to help you, I just shoot them I don't build them like they do.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ouch...that's a pain in the butt....did you run it off sandbags to see if it will group doing that?
Yes I have a Browning front rest that I use while testing for new loads and keep adjusting the powder load until I'm able to squeeze all I can out of that powder and with a bad back I can only stand or set for so long before I need to move. Some days I set most of the time I'm there but I'm still out there shooting and I'm able to stand and empty a mag in a 8x11 sheet of paper at 25ft. I'll keep shooting as long as I can drive to the Range. It beats staying at home watching soap operas and if it gets to that point I don't know I've always been active

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OPPS!
Blame me I jinxed you my man---Sorry.---------------:1div64:
is the barrel loose when it is in full battery?
does the lugs look like they are worn ?
of course you may not have shot it enough yet to see.
did he replace the barrel bushing by chance?
OSO or one of the other 1911 gurus may be able to help you, I just shoot them I don't build them like they do.
Not your fault I've tore it apart and cleaned it lubed it I'm going back tomorrow if my back will let me and I'm going to make this work if not I'll send it off somewhere and have it turned into a dedicated 38 Super

Reactions: olfarhors
1 - 10 of 10 Posts