Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does Taurus make any revolvers with the cylinder release on the other side for us lefties?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Unfortunitely for you lefties, no. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of any revolver manufacturer making one.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I'm left handed and found that with the right amount of practice you can overcome any obstacle a right handed revolver may present.

·
17,571 Posts
I'm left handed and found that with the right amount of practice you can overcome any obstacle a right handed revolver may present.
Just use a New York reload...pull your second gun.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Charter makes thier Undercover Lite Southpaw, that is the only one i have ever seen or heard of.

i'm left handed and own a few revolvers, none are lefthanded, i'v never realy seen the issue. but then they make lefthanded automatic rifles and pump shotguns and i never got that eigther.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
I stand corrected!

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
You could always get yourself an old S&W Model 3 - they're ambidextrous. :D

·
Registered
351 Posts
Haven't seen any. I just use the index finger of my left hand to push the release forward and open the cylinder with the thumb of my right. I keep my speedloaders on the left side and hold the gun in my right hand with the thumb through the opening on the cylinder to hold it steady. I drop the speedloader into the cylinder with my left hand, twist the release (the thumb of the right hand keeps the cylinder from turning), wipe the loader off onto the ground, close the cylinder with the fingers of my right hand curled under the gun, placing the gun back in my left (firing hand). Takes less time to do it than talk about it.

Practice it and it will soon become second nature. Then you won't need a left handed gun. Right handed guns are much easier to sell anyway when you get tired of them. ;)

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I just did a quick google, and found that the S&W Bodyguard has an ambidextrous cylinder release, but it still swings out to the left. JAT

·
Registered
3 Posts
Unfortunately we lefties have had to adapt to a right handed world so this isn't too big of a problem but it sure would be nice to have a few more options available. At least Ruger makes plenty of left handed rifles.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
I didn't own a dedicated left-handed rifle until 1993. I've never owned a left-handed pistol. I learned to cope with the "regular" guns.

Savage has probably the largest number of left-handed models available. Followed by Ruger. Remington, Browning, and Winchester have been slowly adding left-hand specific models over the years, too. Today's auto-loading pistols seem to be moving towards ambidextrous controls, as well.

·
32,481 Posts
It would behoove Taurus to come with lefty friendly revolvers. There is a niche market for them and with just a few models could undercut Charter Arms.

Light weight revolvers are nice for carry, but a bear to practice with +P ammo if the guns are so qualified.

There are plenty of standard pressure rounds for defense that will work.

·
32,481 Posts
I just did a quick google, and found that the S&W Bodyguard has an ambidextrous cylinder release, but it still swings out to the left. JAT

Nice. Learn something new every day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts