Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife was given interest in some real estate property some years back that has resulted in late tax returns every year waiting on paper work. Well the property is being sold which leaves us with a financial windfall and the ONLY thing she says she wants in new tile in the living room and a GUN! Can I pick 'em or what!

So she said she wants a gun and we're looking at 357s because we could shoot 357 or 38.

We're looking at revolvers because she has rheumatoid arthritis and can't rack a slide and this would be her bed side table gun.

She likes the looks of the Taurus 605Ply, what do you ladies recommend?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just bought the 605Poly 357 for my wife and she loves it! we put 75 rds thru "Polly" last nite without a hitch. I carry a PT740, also runs flawless, but now I want a "Polly" of my own! Would not hesitate to carry this for EDC. I have shot 357 from an SP101 before, so we'll keep to the 38's for both our wrists sake, but really like the weapon!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
These are all good guns. Take the wife to LGS for a fitting and then look on line for a deal. Good luck.

Reactions: victorydriver

·
Registered
25 Posts
If you have a range close that rents guns for range use and let her try a few out and see what she is comfortable with.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gun Airsoft gun Revolver Trigger Airsoft

Found this one with Crimson Trace laser grip already on it. She thought it looked good.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
The wife's favorite "Foo-Foo" revolver is the .38 Spl. Taurus M-851 Spectrum Blue Total Titanium with gold and peral accents...

Oh cuuuute!!! Very pretty!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Well - I love my new to me Taurus M66 - it's a 6" barrel, I shoot mostly 38's thru it and it's a GREAT range gun! It has nice weight to it so that it just sits right down in my grip and doesn't move at all when I fire it - which means if I'm not at least in the 9 ring it's because I've moved the dang thing myself! Wish I could post a picture - but it's sitting in the safe at our range/ffl - waiting for my transfer to come thru. It's been 4 weeks but they told me tonight that it's taking 5-6 weeks now. Sheeesh! We've got several firearms at the ffl - they've given us our own little shelf the stuff has to be there for soooo long!

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
View attachment 48629

Found this one with Crimson Trace laser grip already on it. She thought it looked good.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.
If you can get a good deal on it and it checks out, buy it! I put the laser grips on my wifes .327, now I sneak it out to the range with me while she is at work.

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Hook her up with a Raging Judge. The wife and kids got me one for fathers day. The wife loves it so much its her bedside gun. She likes the 454 and pdx option every other chamber.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hook her up with a Raging Judge. The wife and kids got me one for fathers day. The wife loves it so much its her bedside gun. She likes the 454 and pdx option every other chamber.
I would love a Raging Bull but it needs to be something she can operate comfortably. She's a little trembly sometimes and I don't think the added weight would be very good.

We went by McBrides in Austin yesterday to get her hands on some revolvers. She told me she was really surprised that she really liked the Taurus revolver she handled. It was the model I post earlier but in 380; uses moon clips. I still think the model in 357 would be better and just run 38 spl in it.

Man that Ruger Blackhawk in 44 magnum is beautiful! Drooled all over myself. She said "I thought you where more of a semi auto guy" I told her I'm "(r)evolving"!

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
She's got arthritis and its going to be used as a hd gun by the bed. Sounds like that rules out shooting .357 so the best she is likely to be able to handle are 38 and 38+.

I would suggest looking for a gun that held six or seven rounds and felt comfortable in her hands and finding a load that she can handle without pain. This rules out light weight guns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts