Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just over at the Taurus online shop looking at what's new. Nice line of kydex holsters, but how about some leather revolver holsters for some of these new revolvers. It would be nice to have a Taurus branded dark leather holster for my 3 inch barreled 692. Maybe a matching pouch for the extra cylinder?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I agree. Taurus doesn't seem to really do much with the accessory market.

·
Super Moderator
35,497 Posts
I agree. Taurus doesn't seem to really do much with the accessory market.
There is a huge marketing opportunity in accessories and spare parts that has been largely ignored by Taurus Intl and Taurus USA. Considering the tremendous number of their guns in circulation, it should be brain surgery to develop even a spin off company to fill and take advantage of that need. Concerning parts, there is anecdotal discussion that historically they have done a not so thorough job in documenting part changes by model numbers. This is borne out by the stories of folks that had received parts specified for a firearm and finding that the part doesn't fit. Then also, their lawyer squad has made them afraid of sending parts out that may be improperly installed (not fitted and tested) which could and would result in future lawsuits. This prohibition on parts shipment got particularly bad after the Millennium fiasco.

This does leave however a large market for grips, holsters as mentioned, optics, and other items which do not affect the operation of their guns. The company president who did much to advance both the reputation and offerings for the firm had as his dream a Taurus "custom shop" where an owner could send their gun in for performance tuning. That dream left when he was fired.

Reactions: 357Funtime

·
Registered
21 Posts
Coincidentally, I was just looking at the holster offerings at the Taurus store and like the OP said there is nothing available in leather for revolver holsters. In fact, I didn't see anything for revolvers at all either in Kydex or leather. This is nothing short of criminal considering that their revolvers are what built the company and still make up a large part of their business.

·
Administrator
35,110 Posts
Hard to beat a nice Galco for a form fitted leather revolver holster. They look terrific.

I've got a Alien Gear OWB holster for my 617 and it's fitted really nice. Shows the outline of the cylinder, and all that.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
If Taurus wanted to do this correctly, they would do like a "certain other brand" does with their accessory holsters. They have a major maker (Bianchi in this instance) make one or more of their holsters for a certain revolver size that include the brands logo, and that certain brand name, through their accessories department, sells these holsters.

But, this is Taurus, and seeing them do something like this is a definite we will see about it.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
I agree, I am not a fan of plastic holsters at all, don't own any. I would love to see some leather options from Taurus specifically for a certain model.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I dont own .Taurus revolver, but am very impressed with the Bianchi holsters I have . They make a full size M&P 2.0 dissapeer on me. I'm 5'10" and 160 lbs on a good day.
Both of my Bianchi holsters are outside of the waistband.
Check them out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just received my Remora #8RCH Gen II RMR holster today. Pretty sweet. Have to break it in/form it. But I can tell it's a match for our 856UL
Thanks to Alan Bogdan of Remora holsters!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts