Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a trip to the range today. Instead of grabbing the Federal, the WWB or the PMC Bronze, I grabbed a box of RWS Sport Line .45 ACP I purchased from Palmetto State Armory. I've used RWS in 9mm I purchased from Walmart (!) (back in the good ol' days) with no issues so I had no reason to believe the .45 ACP would be any different. I was absolutely correct. No issues at all. Since it was near dusk, there was a noticible muzzle flash but nothing objectionable. Given the current ammo shortage, PSA is pricing it fairly IMHO. There were many reviews saying that this ammo did not function well in striker fired pistols. There were just as many with hammer fired pistols who said it worked fine, which is why I tried it. I'd say its suited fine for 1911s. I have a PX4 Storm .45 ACP that I'll try it in next but I don't anticipate any problems, especially in that pistol because its stupid reliable to begin with.

Bottom line, if you have a hammer fired pistol, give this ammo a try, If you have a striker fired pistol, you might want to try something else.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have never used any of that ammo, but took a chance and bought some from them recently.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
I still have over a 1000 rounds their 9mm 124 gr of it as I bought Walmart last shipment since no one would buy it here. It is one of the best factory ammo I've ever shot and worked perfectly in my PT111 Pro, PT92, PT911 and Armscor MAPP1 MS. I have shot one box of 45 APC and it ran flawlessly. To bad it isn't available anymore for the $11 a box I paid for it.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
36,780 Posts
I love RWS, actually my 2 favorite range/pliking ammunition is RWS and Dynamit -Noble ( Geico .Geco or Gieco??) I forget which it is.
both are loaded it seems to CIP levels and are a bit stouter than winny or remmy, good accurate, reliable ammo in my pistols.

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Have never used RWS hand gun ammo but there rifle ammunition is highly respected and the brass is very high quality for those of us that hand load.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts