Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Remora holster today. I opted for the one with a leather lining. It appears quality made, and the exterior material is quite sticky. I carried my pistol in it for a while this morning while wearing pajama pants. The holster didn't feel very secure and kept sliding down. Later when we went out, I tucked it in my jeans, and just used a casual braided leather belt. The holster didn't budge, and I've had it on for the last five hours or so. It's very secure and you don't really feel it, unless you lean back in your chair against your handgun. Overall, I'm happy and it's a keeper. Here's a few pics...

·
Administrator
36,602 Posts
Very nice. It looks really comfortable.

I'm kinda embarrassed.....I can tell you're wearing fruit of the looms.:eek: :eek:hmy:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info and pics of your new Remora holster.

I'm pleased to read a positive review, as I have an OWB Remora on order for my Sig Sauer P238 with trigger guard laser.

Also, Texas Deputy's "7 Remora holster endorsement" makes me feel even better about my decision to order the Remora. :)

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Thanks for sharing the info and pics of your new Remora holster.

I'm pleased to read a positive review, as I have an OWB Remora on order for my Sig Sauer P238 with trigger guard laser.

Also, Texas Deputy's "7 Remora holster endorsement" makes me feel even better about my decision to order the Remora. :)
Ah HA! Caught ya cheating on Taurus huh Harry???

<Pssst> I have a Sig P238 myself. Nice weapon. Don't tell anyone ok?

ETA: I might have to check out that brand of holster myself.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
36,963 Posts
Ah HA! Caught ya cheating on Taurus huh Harry???

<Pssst> I have a Sig P238 myself. Nice weapon. Don't tell anyone ok?
I'm guilty as charged...but, but, it's all olfarhors' fault! :):D

My lips are sealed.;D

Reactions: Marinevietvet

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
hdgzr - curious as to what pistol you were carrying when in pj pants. I carry 709 or 740 in a 4ART-FS with just my skivvies or draw string sweats or casual pants with no problems of slipping - I'm not jogging or doing flips, just walking around or sitting indoors or getting mail, paper, etc.

I now own (4) Remora's - 10-ART-FS for PT247's & Sigmas / SD to share; 4-ART-SS for Slims; 4ART-FS for Slims & PT MilPro's and new 5ART-FS primarily for PT MilPro's, but works as well with the Slims with pinky extensions.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I've got one IWB Remorra that does triple duty for Glock 23/27 and 1st generation PT111.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I have two IWB. One for my 738 that does work with pajama pants, IWB with a belt, or I use for front pocket carry. I have one of the new leather lined for my 709 and it works with sweats, IWB, or front pocket with bigger pockets.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
I'm going to add some Remora pics to this thread - may as well cram as much into one thread as possible. LOL

Attachments

Reactions: TexasDeputy

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I used, and enjoyed, a Remora for my Ruger SR9C, but due to some medical issues last year, I'm not quite back to IWB carry shape yet. :D
It was quite comfortable, and I like the versatility for using it ambi, or SOB.

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
They also make for a good pocket holster in the smaller frame pistols (Slim/MilPro) in vest/coat/parka. I prefer the inside chest pockets on some of my vest and winter coats.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I love my Remora holsters. Going to order a pocket one for my 850. Very comfortable, so much so you almost forget about it. Nice not to have anything to snag on seats too (replacing car seats is not cheap....).

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have 2 Remoras, one for my 709 and one for my TCP 738. Depending on what pants I have on I wear them iwb or in my front pocket. Really like these holsters.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.