Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys. I'm new to the forum and couldn't wait to post this. I bought a pair of PT99's about 15 years ago and sold them both about 8 years ago due to some financial stress. I had the opportunity last week to buy my favorite of the two back for $300. I jumped on it. She was rusty, dirty and greasy. The grips were scratched and ugly and it had been buried in the bottom of a closet for years. I got to work and decided to polish the barrel and reblue it. I then stripped the slide and polished the sides and reblued it. Tore it down for a thorough cleaning, polished the throat and oiled everything down. I tore the mags apart, cleaned them and modified them to hold 16 rounds each. Headed to the range and put it all to the test. Just as it had performed 15 years ago, it was flawless and even prettier. When I sold it, it had a ported barrel custom fit by Clark's Guns and two 30 round mags. None of those options were there when I bought it back, but I'm still so thrilled to have it back.The pic does it no justice. Hopefully I can post an updated pic with a better camera this weekend.
2013-02-13_14-17-35_666_zps56adf71b.jpg

·
Registered
77 Posts
Thats a cool story. I love when a gun can serve a sentimental value on top of everything else! It almost becomes a part of you. I guess you can say you "saved" that guns life judging by its treatment by the other owner.

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Congratulations on the reunion with an old friend. And Congratulations on finding the best Dog Gone forum in the WWW. Not just a gun related forum, nor a Taurus only forum, but by certain the great folks you could ever choose to hang out with.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!
She's still a beauty, and there's something about an emotional attachment that makes it even better.

I still have dreams about a certain S&W 4" Model 19, and my '64 Impala SS, 327/4-speed.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
Nice work looks better than new. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: unit505

·
Registered
21,504 Posts
Excellent! Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just ordered a 30 round mag for the range. On the way back to where we parted. Thanks for the welcomes and comments.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Welcome glad you two are back together.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats on the reunion. I know that if I was forced to get rid of either my PT99 or 24/7 G2 I would be upset. Especially the PT99, I have had her since 1990 ad no-one can take care of her like I can.;)

·
Administrator
18,181 Posts
Congratulations on the reunion! :cool:

Happy Shooting! :)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
:wave:Greetings from the Magnolia State…Mississippi!

We are always happy :D when a new member joins our ranks...especially when they can relate a touching firearm story in such a manner as to make us all teary-eyed! :icon_ cry:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts