Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 8 years and 10,000 +/- rounds my PT111 will be training it's replacement. I ordered a PT111 MilPro G2 to take the reigns as my fiance's CCW. The original has performed flawlessly for the 8 years I have owned it, that is, it has honestly never had a failure other than a cheap ammo FTF. I will not be getting rid of it as it was my first handgun, really just wanted to buy something new! I am looking forward to getting out and breaking in the new G2 and expect it to perform as well as its 8 year old brother. Just ordered today so I will get some pics up as soon as it arrives.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Your stirring account of your eight-year ownership of your rock-solid, dependable PT111 just brings a tear:icon_ cry: to this old MilProGuy's eyes.

I hope your new G2 will give you many years of trouble-free service.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your stirring account of your eight-year ownership of your rock-solid, dependable PT111 just brings a tear:icon_ cry: to this old MilProGuy's eyes.

I hope your new G2 will give you many years of trouble-free service.
I hear you! That is why it will not be leaving, just taking it easy as it gets older! I almost feel bad getting the G2 since the original has been such a trooper. I am looking forward to its arrival, and I'm sure it will be just as dependable as the original.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
WOW sweet and I am glad your not selling the first one...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
All my Pros have been outstanding pistols and I feel the call that you are experiencing but will give it a few more years. Give the old work horse my regards!

·
Registered
29,960 Posts
I've had zero problems with my PT Millennium Pros (9mm & .45) and plan on keeping em too.

The only reason I've entertained the possibility of trading up to the G2 is there slightly easier (borrowed from GLOCK) field stripping manual of arms. :icon_ lala:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts