Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,452 Posts
Well, my reason for not reloading a bunch of rounds in advance is that you get stuck with those loads & may change your mind about having so many of the same bullet, bullet weight & powder charge. That is unless the advance reloading is in multiple calibers & charges.
This is the reason I’m sitting on 50k primers. Until I can see a supply of primers that I can rely on, I only load what I need to shoot.

I sure don’t want to pull down cartridges because I need the primers.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I have 5 different bullets for 44, 4 for 45 auto. 4 for 38/357 and at least 5 for 223, not sure how many 9mm. So plenty to play with. Several rifle and pistol powders.

Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
72 Posts
I retired "early" after 25 years with the City of LA, at 65, I wanted to be healthy enough to function. My reloading "fun factor" has increased 100% because I have plenty of time and no hurry doing anything. I can be as slow as I want, don't have to fit my reloading in among other tasks and I now have way more reloading time than shooting time so I have "perfected" my reloading methods. I still experiment with different loads and if one is screwed up, pulling rounds is just a part of the fun...

BTW, components are no problem for me as I started buying a little extra in 2000 and have plenty. I grew up in earthquake country so keeping supplied with essentials was second nature...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
I'm retiring the 30th of this month. Knowing it was coming I've not pulled the handle in six month. Now I have thousands of rounds of brass of all my cartridges and no going to work to interrupt!!!
And I'm glad I have two single stage presses, old and slow!
I was forced into retirement at 60 because of a disability and could no longer physically keep up even though I tried. Then after being sidelined and then having a triple bypass over time I recovered enough to start doing things again. So last year the local range had a help wanted for Range Officers and knowing what the job entailed I told myself I could do that! Been there now for 19 months and am loving it. Working 9 hr days 2 or 3 days per week and just having the time of my life!

I tell everyone, I'm not here for the money, I'm here for the company of you all, the amazing forearms I see, oh yeah and Free Shooting and free access to an FFL for trades and transfers. Also I now have more brass than I know what to do with and as soon as I can find some help I'll be mining the pistol berm again.

·
Registered
37,123 Posts
I tell everyone, I'm not here for the money, I'm here for the company of you all, the amazing forearms I see, oh yeah and Free Shooting and free access to an FFL for trades and transfers. Also I now have more brass than I know what to do with and as soon as I can find some help I'll be mining the pistol berm again.
Yea, I mean who among us don't really love looking at a nice set of forearms????

Sleeve Textile Gesture Event Street fashion

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement!

I haven't found the courage to retire yet, but kept reloading while cutting back on shooting. Now I've got way too much poundage to move to what may be my retirement home.

Keep us up to date on your progress!
Let me know if you need any help disposing of that stuff.😉

21 - 26 of 26 Posts