Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I too use an outdoor range, but I always have a loaded CCW gun on me and I am very aware of my surroundings while walking back to my vehicle. People just don't care anymore... there is no value on life.

I hope they catch the low lifes. Prayers sent.

Reactions: Armd2DaTeeth

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I say log chain the Perps to a tree in a swamp.

Make a few 1" cuts on their arms & legs and then leave them to the mercys of the reptiles of the swamp.

I hear all reptiles smell blood real well.

Prayers for their innocent victim.

Reactions: Grunt

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
This event reminds me of a retired police officer's biography I read a month or so back.

The chapter discussed the worst call the former deputy responded to in his career, and on that day he and his partner were called to a double homicide in the nether regions of Los Angeles.They clear the house and find two bodies, one adult female and one 5 year old little girl, both stabbed repeatedly.After fighting mightily to save the life of the little girl in his arms, the child tragically died in his arms.The two lawmen then went on the hunt for the subhuman stain responsible, and found the instigator two blocks away covered in both victims' blood.The local citizens are pointing the officers to the guy as the responsible perp-a neigborhood that usually screams police brutality on a dime fall was handing the guy over to the authorities.

One of the homeowners complains to a salty resident that its not fair the felon gets to be locked up scot free. The old man replies " just wait a minute youngin' ".

Sure enough, thats when the author holsters his gun and beats the ever loving crap out of the scumbag. All the emotion from witnessing a child die in his arms is translated into raw and just physical retribution.The author stops when his partner yells " stop, STOP, youre gonna kill him!".

The author backs up and re composes himself, when his PARTNER walks up and starts kicking the scumbags' teeth in! After backup arrives and soap scum got taken to medical, the partner confesses that he was jealous the author was getting all the punches in himself.

Offical Complaints against the LAPD?

Zero.

I hope the brave LEOs who take this other form of subhuman down give him the same welcoming committee.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
The fires in He** are not good enough for a'holes like this. I have to agree with Big Skiff about just shooting them and leaving them to rot or feed the wolves and coyotes.

I do often go to the local club range which is out in the boonies and there is a locked gate, which I always close and lock when I drive through and the range is about 1/4 mile in from the gate and out of sight. The wife always know when I am going, if she doesn't go with me. I always wear two loaded sidearms (38 & 357 / 38 & 45 / or 357 & 45 ) when going to the range one of them is always loaded. I have ran into one of the retired deputies and part-time city cops I know out there while carrying two guns and he kind of kidded me about it. I said that way I always had a loaded one available! He laughed and said "like my back-up, it is faster than reloading" as he produced his second gun!

Some times I will carry the cut down Shotty on a sling and that along with two sidearms can cause people to look at you kind of funny!

·
Registered
635 Posts
One of the clubs I belong to is out in the middle of nowhere. I've usually been there with a friend or LEO buddy. There was one time some younger kids came out and we were not feeling it. They ended up leaving after we shot his MP5.

Makes really think about going out there. Usually no range officer on site. To quote Toby Keith:

Grandpappy told my pappy
Back in my day, son
A man had to answer
For the wicked thing he done
Take all the rope in Texas
Find a tall oak tree
Round up all of them bad boys
And hang 'em high in the street
For all the people to see

I think our brand of justice could use a little old fashion justice again.

Reactions: Taurus_9mm

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I always carry my sidearm at the range and always make sure I have at least 1 fully loaded magazine ready to go.

The last time I was at the range there were 2 shooting benches, 1 for 25 yd pistol and 1 for 50/100 yard rifle. While setting targets at the 50yd some idiot starts shooting at the 25yd, the lanes are only separated by 20 feet with no berm or anything to keep me safe or block his view of me.

I have not been back.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
This is appalling. May the honorable vet survive and ID the perps. Where I live there are no nearby staffed gun ranges so I am goingto have to be extra cautious when I visit them. It is a dangerous worl we now live in.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Shot in the head multiple times and expected to survive, that is one tough old vet. I hope when this BG is found the local PD has to do a bulk purchase for more ammo when they are done.

·
Registered
506 Posts
This goes to show that older Veterans are just "BadA--" This guy was shot multiple times in the head? and he was still able to call his family for help? Amazing. These _____ must have known how "BadA--" this older man is and didn't take the chance of him getting the upper hand. They were down right fearful of him. I really hope he comes through and is able to give some sort of description of his attempted murderers or at least keep it to himself so he can carry out his own form of punishment. May he recover well and quickly.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
There aren't enough loathsome and disgusting adjectives in the English language for me to describe the soul-less miscreant who would do such a thing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
When they find them, this is what should happen to them...

Orlando Sentinel Reporter "Why did you shoot the suspect 68 times?"

Sheriff Judd "Because we ran out of bullets"

snopes.com: Sheriff Judd's Comments

Reactions: mebe

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Update:
WAGONER, Oklahoma - Seventy-three-year-old Kenneth Payne was shot and left for dead at a Wagoner gun range Thanksgiving morning. He was leaving Toppers when two men followed him down a trail and shot him in the leg and back of the head.
The injuries put him in a wheelchair and left him with a speech impediment, but he has no trouble telling what happened.
Payne honed his talents at the gun range.
"[It's] a matter of getting good enough to get bulls-eyes with just a rifle and with a pistol. To me it's a lot of fun," he said.
And last Thanksgiving morning, he'd had fun at the gun range and was just getting ready to leave when, suddenly, he was on the ground, paralyzed and scared.
"I knew what happened to me. I knew I had been shot," he said.
The bullet to the leg dropped Payne and kept him from fighting back when he was shot again, this time, in the back of the head.
As he lay bleeding on the trail, he managed to call for help.
"I knew I had to get help with the cell phone. I was afraid I was going to die if I didn't."
Payne spent the next few days in the hospital, unconscious, literally on the brink of death.
"It was that close. The bullet went behind my eye. It went down into my mouth. It went through my tongue, out my mouth then actually into my throat. Then down into my arm and it's still there."
And a month and a half after the shooting, so is he, but his face is numb which makes it hard to eat, and he's stuck in a wheelchair.
It's been a tough time for the Payne family and they'd like to see the gunmen behind bars.
"I'm angry at some of the stuff they stole because it meant something to me sentimentally. But as far as angry at being shot, these guys are sick, you know what I mean, to shoot somebody in the back, to shoot somebody period."
But, despite his injuries, Payne says he still has a winning hand.
"I'm lucky. I had a guardian angel on my shoulder that day. It just wasn't my time to go."
The Wagoner County Sheriff says he's confident someone in the area knows something about what happened. He encourages anyone who can help to call his office or the OSBI.

Wagoner Man Shot On Thanksgiving Relives Shooting - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
The next update we read, I hope, is the one reporting the apprehension of the trash bags that shot and robbed him.
Ain't that the gospel truth! :mad:

Reactions: GunsandNoses

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
This is why I like to be able to clean my gun at the range before taking it home, so I can load up the hollowpoints and go back to concealed with a fresh gun.

I had my own range nightmare years ago. I joined a tiny club (one of many I had belonged to) that had been surrounded by recent suburban growth. The backstop for the rifle range was a small hillside, and at the the top of that hill was, believe it or not, a public playground and soccer field. One day as I was zeroing my scope I saw a soccer ball come rolling down the wooded hillside headed straight for the backstop, followed by the inevitable kid chasing it, right into the danger zone. I packed up and immediately resigned from that club.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My parents are in their 70's and still go to a local club range to shoot. They are by themselves sometimes and hidden by the berms and wooded areas that were left intact to cut down the noise. This story makes me even more committed to ask them to always go to the range with someone else and like said, watch each others back. We get so lax thinking everybody out there is as good hearted and caring as they are. I think we need to agree with each other that there isn't anything wrong with challenging each other when we are carrying.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts