Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Retired Marine and former Pan Am/Delta Pilot John Lovell is Top Gun at Subway Sandwich Shop.. The 71-year-old retired Marine who opened fire on two robbers at a Plantation, Florida, Subway shop late Wednesday, killing one and critically wounding the other, is described as John Lovell, a former helicopter pilot for two presidents. He doesn't drink, he doesn't smoke, and he works out every day. Mr. Lovell was a man of action Wednesday night.

Retired Marine is Top Gun at Subway Sandwich Shop

Sorry guy and gals, this was sent to me and I am using my iPad ... Don't ask... And I thought it was a current event... No more stories until I get back on the computer so I can validate the stories.

Reactions: Slakev and bre346

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good job Mr Lovell.
As for the robbers -

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Some more info on the June 2007 shooting.

Family Of Robbery Suspect Blames Retired Marine for Fatal Shooting - Salem-News.Com

"The family of one of the robbery suspects shot by Lovell, told Local News 10 that the Marine was wrong for pulling the trigger.

"He should not have taken the law in his hands," Rosa Jones, Gadson's grandmother, told reporters. Her husband echoed words that seemed to pass over the fact that an innocent person survived a frightening encounter while breaking no actual laws. Ivory Jones stated, "I don't condone what they did, (but) I definitely don't condone the news people making him out to seem like they're making a hero out of this man because he shot somebody down," "

They already had mug shots of the dead guy so he is no first timer.

Apparently grandmas little angel should be able to rob who ever he pleases.

And another Would-be robber killed at shop | StAugustine.com

"Arrindell was struck twice -- once in the head and once in the stomach -- and collapsed. Officers found him face down, wearing sunglasses and a bandanna with a gun near his left hand. Gadson was hit in the chest and ran from the store. Police dogs found him hiding in the hedges of a nearby bank."

·
Registered
294 Posts
Good for him. Although, I can't imagine what sort of costs Mr. Lovell with have to pay becuase of this unfortunate encounter. I have heard of stories where in a self defense situation, when the police arrive you have the gun and look like the criminal. But sometimes it takes court costs, attorney fees etc to prove you acted in self defense and was not murder.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Ooorahhh!!! Semper fi devil dog!!!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
One day the Bad Guys may realize that not all people are sheep to have their way with. I am just glad that Mr. Lovell was not hurt. I also hope that he is not financially ruined by having to prove innocence in court.

Reactions: Lil Beaver

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
And another dirtbag bites the dust!

And, perhaps, dirtbag #2 will learn a valuable lesson from this experience and turn away from his life of crime.

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
Just one more example that proves bad guys don't read newspapers or watch the news on TV.

If they did they'd know you don't f*** with old people in the "GunShine" state of Florida.

We carry and know how to use guns and don't take s***.

At ease & carry on, smoke em if ya got em...

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Trouble is, sayin' goodbye to your favorite gun. I read that it is cheaper to buy another than to try to get that one back from the DA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts