Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a short jaunt to eastern Idaho to deliver a couple of rifles I had declared excess. Got them delivered and got paid, went to visit an old friend, he said he had some trash he needed to get out of his shop, would I give him a hand. Sure, he said to pull my pick up around to the shop door and we could load it up, just a couple of small items but heavy. I brought his two items of trash home to Montana with me.
Soft, pure lead!!!!!!

The square one weighs 196#; the long one weighs 100# even. Properly alloyed, they will go down range singing!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
That's pretty good pay for helping him 'clean out' the garage!!! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
Wow, if I could get a score like that I would start casting. 3 years of collecting I only have about 60#'s of clip on wheel weights and 20#'s sticky wheel weights. Just to hard to come by free/cheap lead in my area.

·
Registered
24,852 Posts
Awesome score for a bullet caster

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Nice! That should last a few years, no?

·
Registered
3,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A few years????? Maybe 2 and that only if I alloy it to hard bullets. I have 800 pounds of lino that I can mix 50/50 and get really nice bullets at about 15 BHN but that is harder than I like. But this gives me about 500# total lead and I have about 350 pounds of WW in 1# ingots. Soft lead is what I needed, I'm more comfortable now, with this 296#. Scrap lead is selling for 1$# at the salvage yards around here, I was thinking of buying some a few weeks ago, now I don't gotta!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts