Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Well, to bad and it is tragic, but that is what happens, when you try to place a 44 in a 38 bra. :shocked:

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Insert glock boob syndrome joke here

·
Registered
14,732 Posts
Goes to show you that you should do all adjustments to your carry system with an unloaded gun. Once you get it right, then you load the firearm.

Reactions: john_bud

·
Registered
36,332 Posts
Why did "A Christmas story" just pop in my head???
and Dolly Pardon was starring in it???

·
Registered
7,280 Posts
I feel very bad for this woman and her family. My prayers go out to her loved ones.

You can complain about the long and horrid trigger pulls on my Keltecs and Sigmas all you want...this story is why I keep them as they are without trigger jobs. Just my opinion. Of course, had the lady exercised a bit more care, I'm guessing the whole tragedy could've been avoided, even with a Glock.

I don't own a Glock, but I own a gun that may be worse, in that respect - a Walther PPX. VERY easy short trigger pull, yet no safety. I haven't even shot it yet. I've decided to use it strictly as a range gun, and never keep a round in the chamber unless shooting. It's way too big to use as a CCW, anyway. I even may end up getting rid of it...I haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Tragic..

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Prayers for her family. Just a sad event.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I don't see any mention of a Glock pistol in the article. Most likely it was one of those Mouse Guns or a derringer.

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
Here is a link that may shed some light on the safety of Glock Pistols. Contrary to popular beliefs a Glock is not a striker fired pistol in the sense that the firing pin spring is not completely compressed until the trigger is pulled fully to the rear. A striker fired pistol such as the S&W M&P, Taurus, Khlar and others fully compresses and cocks the firing pin spring when the slide is cycled and the trigger only releases it. Most of these pistols rely on firing pin and trigger safeties which disengage when the trigger is pulled. It is a good article if you take time to read it.

Understanding Your Glock ? Guts of the Gun #1; Striker Fired Pistols

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Is it just me, or is the title of this post extremely insensitive? Why do we (not all of us) feel that it is okay to laugh and make jokes about trajedies such as this? I feel for her family and friends.

·
Premium Member
3,314 Posts
Is it just me, or is the title of this post extremely insensitive? Why do we (not all of us) feel that it is okay to laugh and make jokes about trajedies such as this? I feel for her family and friends.
Not just the title but some of the posts in the thread are just as bad.

Not only is the post disrespectful but is more internet babble to make a manufacturer look bad.

Maybe I missed it but where did it mention the make of the gun?

Don

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
This happened at the beginning of the year
A previous thread ran on the topic.
An elected official and former armed forces service person is dead.
Some made jokes.
Some sent prayers and kind thoughts.
The brand of gun is not mentioned in the article.
Brand bashing is against the TA rules.
The thread has run its course and is closed.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.