Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my new five inch 94 back to the range this morning before work and put about 150 rounds thru it - absolutely no problems! I've fired it several times since it came back from Florida for the 3rd time this week (total of about 400 - 450 rounds) and I am convinced that all is well now! I am going to call Taurus CS tomorrow and tell them what a good job they did. Too bad they can't actually build the firearms there - the tech service folks have done a great job all 3 times it went back (each time for a different situation). I think that this revolver was something like a piece of electronics - all the issues that it had showed up either immediately or soon after and once they were corrected, everything is fine!:rolleyes:

DH and I tweeked the innards of the 94 a bit earlier this week but I am going to leave everything as it is for a while - DH and y'all convinced me. I am finding that I am shooting to the right with it, but that could be because the trigger is still a bit stiff but I'm not going to adjust the hammer spring any more. I just moved the rear sight a smidge to accommodate - it's annoying how the rear sight works - you have to loosen the left and right screws, move the sight, and then tighten the screws down again. The sight adjustment never really bothered me with my old 4" 94, but I guess that older one was pretty much sighted in close to what I needed it to be when I "adopted' it and I didn't have to mess too much with those 2 screws. It's not like my old 96 where it's just one screw for left/right adjustment - which is a lot easier and more accurate.

I've included some pictures- my new very dirty after today's range time five inch 94 on one of my favorite quilts, one of todays targets shot with the 94, and also the last shot is a target of me shooting my new to me 23 yr old 6" Taurus 66 with DH's very first hand loads of 38 special! It was a good day at the range - and DH shot his 2 Colt Troopers - a 357 ( he wants to make hotter 38 loads for that - I told him heck no - leave mine alone!) and a 22lr. All in all we burned up a lot of ammo today - hope some falls from the sky so that we can replenish the dwindling stock pile! I'll get a picture of my 66 posted as soon as I bust it out of lockup at the ffl/indoor range. 3 weeks - and the paperwork still isn't back - sheesh! Hope ya'll got some range time in - today is Super Bowl and here in Maryland, home of the Ravens all is quiet while everyone prepares to watch the game...
Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol

Circle Recreation

Circle Recreation Illustration

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
So very glad the 94 is back home and well......
and for good this time.
How many frequent flyer miles on her now?
Enough to get a new revolver with ? :):)

Jeez, you don't have the 66 home yet ?
Whazzup ?
I hope the paperwork is cleared soon....that's just too long.
At least you got to shoot it.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So very glad the 94 is back home and well......
and for good this time.
How many frequent flyer miles on her now?
Enough to get a new revolver with ? :):)

Jeez, you don't have the 66 home yet ?
Whazzup ?
I hope the paperwork is cleared soon....that's just too long.
At least you got to shoot it.

Hi there Sr Fisherman- thanks for the post! The frequent flyer mile joke is kind of true - Taurus must have spent a big bundle of money on my little 94 getting it back and forth so many times and the manpower involved in the servicing! They probably spent more than what it cost to make several times over, but I'm happy with the results!

Our poor FFL folks are going nuts! All the handgun sales require paperwork and the newbie customers don't realize how overburdened the state is right now with transfers so they're taking out their frustration on the ffl folks! As long as I get to shoot my guns that are in the safe, I don't mind so much; I can't really clean the guns until I take them home, but they'll put a snake thru 'em if I smile and ask nicely! Now, we just need to find ammo some where....hmmmmmm

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Sekol, on my 941ul I just loosen the screw on the side I want the rear sight to move to, then snug the other side down to move. You might try that.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kmoose - that's a bit of a help - thanks for the tip!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sekol,
What issues did you have with your 94 5" ?
My 94ss5 is supposed to be coming to my FFL this wednesday. Your information would help me be aware of any problem. This is my first firearm purchase. I'll be heading for the indoor range on thursday for sure.
Bill W.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sekol,
What issues did you have with your 94 5" ?
My 94ss5 is supposed to be coming to my FFL this wednesday. Your information would help me be aware of any problem. This is my first firearm purchase. I'll be heading for the indoor range on thursday for sure.
Bill W.
Hey NSW Bill - you will know immediately if you have problems and I pray you don't. Many folks have never had a problem with their 94's. First - after a few cylinders of shooting the rounds were "keyholing" or tumbling and not making nice round holes in the target. It went back the 2nd day I took posession and the did lots of stuff and fixed it. Second, the day I got it back and after I put 100 rounds thru it the whole revolver just locked up and I couldn't even open the cylinder without a lot of work. It went back again, they fixed several things but it took some time as it was over Christmas. When it did come back, I put 100 rounds trhu it the first day with no problems, but the 2nd day after about 1/2 box the transfer bar broke!! Another guy here on the forum had his transfer bar break 3 times - but I haven't read how his firearm is curretly doing. I haven't had it back quite a week - but have put 400+ rnds thru it and so far everything is great! It's a totally customized piece -but you'll probably never have to worry. Let us know when you 94 arrives and give us a range report & pics if you can! Congratulations!!!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Thanks for the info "S". I plan to run a couple cylinders through it when I get it home. I'm in the country, but have fairly close neighbors and don't want to scare the crap out of them. When I do shoot I'll talk to them to see if they have any problems with the noise.
I'll post a pic of the new iron when I get it.
Bill W

Reactions: Sekol
1 - 8 of 8 Posts