Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone put something like one of the keep tinkering triggers on the g3c yet? I love the size and feel of the pistol in my hand, but the trigger itself bothers me a little. The take up seems long, and the break feels uncomfortably far back to me. I only have my canik tp9sf to compare it to, and that pistol's trigger is so much more predictable and crisp. I contacted keep tinkering, and he said his products should work fine in the g3c. Was looking to see if anyone had any experience with an alternate trigger on the g3c as of yet.

Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
That long trigger pull is due to its second-strike or "double-action" feature. It normally fires in single-action mode, but if you have an FTF (failure to fire) you can pull the trigger again and get a second strike on that same round. When you do, you'll notice that the trigger engages almost immediately. That is because this time the trigger has to pull the striker back before releasing it. Try putting a snapcap in the chamber, and you'll see what I mean.

If you replace the trigger with one like the Canik, you will probably lose that second-strike capability, and if you have an FTF, you'll have to rack the slide manually.
Some are willing to make that sacrifice to get a better trigger. Your choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey Jeff,
Same here. Great gun, awful trigger. (I’m a Glock owner, & have also owned Walthers). I would GLADLY trade the “double-strike” bullshite for a decent trigger. It’s such a shame that Taurus won’t spend some time on this to improve it. If they did, this gun would probably beat out all the more expensive brands, like...dominate the market. But, as is...regardless of what anyone says on discussion boards, we will always shoot low/left with this gun. Still ok for close quarters defense, but it COULD BE so much better, right out of the box. It’s a terrible long & stupid trigger pull.
If you do change your trigger, please let us know. For an improvement, I will spend a little more on it...but not much. Without trigger improvement, I will probably sell mine in the future, whenever I can pick up a G26. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts