Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm contemplating replacing the stock bull's-head grip on my UltraLite 85 & my 605, as I prefer the look of wood on stainless.

I figure punching out the roll pin will booger it up, no matter how carefully it's done :eek: --- I've experienced this with roll pins that hold the brake pads on older Harley-Davidson calipers.

In case things don't work out, as in, I don't like the look of the wooden grips & want to revert back to the bull's-head, is there a source for replacement roll pins.
Even a roll pin size would be helpful. :thumb:

Thanks.

·
8,950 Posts
My 605 grip pin was a solid oversized pin. It was difficult to drive out but not too hard. I don't have the size, but with a good punch yours should come out ok. If it is a roll pin - then use a roll pin punch.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine are both hollow roll pins.

I might just use what's worked pretty well in the past, an Allen hex key that's slightly larger than the roll pin to minimize distortion.
It's still a PITA with a good chance of turning into a

·
Registered
19,504 Posts
I don't know if it varies by location but our TSC has roll pins/spring pins in their hardware section. It's become my go-to for nuts and bolts too, not just because of the wide selection of both standard and metric but because they sell 'em by the pound. :smile: I recently needed a lot of large, grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers for a job. I priced them on the TSC website where they only give a price for each. The total came to just under $140 but when I went to the store and got the per pound price, it all only came to $36 and some change.

Reactions: 82tiburon

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if it varies by location but our TSC has roll pins/spring pins in their hardware section. It's become my go-to for nuts and bolts too, not just because of the wide selection of both standard and metric but because they sell 'em by the pound. :smile: I recently needed a lot of large, grade 8 bolts, nuts and washers for a job. I priced them on the TSC website where they only give a price for each. The total came to just under $140 but when I went to the store and got the per pound price, it all only came to $36 and some change.
GREAT deal!!!
I'm always looking to stock up on fasteners of all kinds for my motorcycle projects --- mostly Grade 8 & stainless.

·
Registered
880 Posts
What nevadabob said.
Worked for me no issues at all with a clean look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts