Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have received (or saved depending on how you look at it) a PT-945 from and individual who killed it. I have replaced some of the parts, but can't find other things like slide or slide assembly and such. Where is the best places to find parts. I am gonna make this weapon beautiful again. I need as many resources and y'all can give me.

·
Registered
24,940 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota. You might check with Taurus, look on gun broker or Ebay.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
Welcome and I agree ebay or gunbroker is your best bet. I know they frequently pop up on ebay around 150-200. Hope you find what you need. The pt945 is an amazing firearm.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
(Sob! Sob!) I-- I (Sob) sold the one I had. (Sniff) And it was in perfect condition.

Reactions: sdlancaster

·
Administrator
18,414 Posts

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I would also suggest gunbroker.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I own one as well and love it! Shoots beautifully, little recoil, and is in almost perfect condition. Came with Trijicon Night sights along with a hogue grip and three mags for 400 bucks! I would also like to get some parts but unfortunately havent had much luck finding any parts. Also, anyone ever tried the ten round Promags? Just curious.

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
I own one as well and love it! Shoots beautifully, little recoil, and is in almost perfect condition. Came with Trijicon Night sights along with a hogue grip and three mags for 400 bucks! I would also like to get some parts but unfortunately havent had much luck finding any parts. Also, anyone ever tried the ten round Promags? Just curious.
The 10 round mags stick out a good 2 inches below the base.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for everybody's reply. I check Numerich everyday along with ebay in fact just purchased a couple things off ebay. I will keep a watch, but if anybody comes across anything let me know. Thanks again for all the help.. Steve :cool:

·
Registered
15,646 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
This thread is old but I did the same got a pt945 for free from a family friend who put it through hell
and all I could save was the trigger and slide the slide is complete and in used condition if you are still looking I needed a frame and after weeks of getting no answer from Taurus on the phone I have given up. If anyone knows we're I can get a replacement frame I'd love to get it or sell the slide

·
Administrator
18,414 Posts
This thread is old but I did the same got a pt945 for free from a family friend who put it through hell
and all I could save was the trigger and slide the slide is complete and in used condition if you are still looking I needed a frame and after weeks of getting no answer from Taurus on the phone I have given up. If anyone knows we're I can get a replacement frame I'd love to get it or sell the slide
As the Frame is the main serialized part which falls under BATFE control, you would be better off just buying a whole different PT945 and selling off the beaten up one for parts. Often by the time you get done buying parts, you've paid way more than the cost of the original handgun. Nobody, including Taurus, will sell you a frame without going thru an FFL dealer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts