Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have suggestions/links to sources for repacement grips for this revolver?
DO NOT include grips4guns.com.

·
32,585 Posts

·
Super Moderator
35,152 Posts
My faves are the Hogue monogrips. I just bought a Hogue for one of my M66s at a gun shop the other day. You can get 'em from www.ajaxgrips.com , too, and http://www.midwayusa.com should have 'em. I really like ordering from Midway, fast, to my door in a couple of days, but that's probably because they're in Missouri which is the same UPS area I think. I had a Pachmayr Pro Gripper on it, but don't like the squarish shape to 'em. I still have a Gripper on my 4" 66, but might get a Hogue to replace it eventually.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I got grips for a medium frame Taurus revo from CDNN. At $3.99 they ain't pretty but are just what the doctor ordered. I got an extra set to "customize" but haven't found that nessesary.

·
32,585 Posts
I get the feeling www.grips4guns.com isn't a good idea. At several gun forums there have been threads and post of late that have unhappy customers for any number of reasons.

The other sites selling grips that have been posted by us here, though, have very good track records for customer satisfaction. More sources are yet to follow by other posters.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I hadn't heard of that site before. Glad now.

Steelheart

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought oversized laminated grips at the Fort Gun Show today. They fit perfect and add a whole new dimension to the way the this revolver fits in the hand. The trigger is still gritty in DA but it shoots like a dream in SA. More later....

LM...Ft. Worth, Tx.
PO1 USN (1964-1972)
SFC US Army (ret. 1996)

·
Super Moderator
35,152 Posts
Is the gun the older hammer block lockwork or the newer transfer bar design? I have an example of each and the newer transfer bar trigger is MUCH smoother and completely stage free. It's a much nicer gun to shoot DA.

Yeah, you can find some neat deals at gun shows. I got a set of finger groove zebra wood grips for a Blackhawk at a gun show. They don't exactly look traditional, but you should feel what they do for that blackhawk! Blackhawk grips are smallish and these grips fill the hand nicely and get the middle finger out from behind the trigger guard. They're very nice to shoot and the zebra wood is nice to look at even if the grips look a little out of place on a single action revolver. I like 'em, though, and got 'em for like 10 bucks or some such at a little local gun show. I like to go to gun shows just to look for such even if I don't wanna spend money on a gun. I'll usually find something I can't live without. LOL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts