Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you recomend for replacement of my 905M with Crimson Trace Laser Sights if I drop the 9mm from my ammo list?

Looking for as compact as possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
589 Posts
I recommend you sell me your 9mm revolver if you drop the 9mm from your ammo list. :D

Unfortunately, I can't recommend a replacement. I've just now gotten in the market for a CC piece. But I am serious about getting a 905 revolver, as long as it doesn't break the bank.

What would you recomend for replacement of my 905M with Crimson Trace Laser Sights if I drop the 9mm from my ammo list?

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
The 85 is always a solid choice, and is the rock of the Taurus revolver line IMO. Even coming from a snub nose, those .38's pack a good punch for CC and do their job reliably. Much easier to conceal than the 905 would, and those Ultra-Lights revolvers feel good in the hand.

·
Registered
5,358 Posts

Considering that your 905m is actually a 905cIB, the smallest 905 that they made, I don't think the 85ul is smaller than the 905c. Lighter, and maybe the same size, yes, but not smaller. Gee, that's such a nice gun you have there. I have that same gun, even the CT grips, in both the blue and matte, and the regular 905 blue w/ hammer. The 905c can be found at times, but you have to search for them....

The m380 is another viable option, using .380acp w/ stellar clips....

·
Registered
14,171 Posts
First off, if you choose to sell it please give Atlee first shot at the purchase.

Now as to answer your question, it depends on what you want the pistol for..conceal carry protection, universal ammo, or flat out fun in a like sized frame. It is hard to beat the value of the M85 whether in standard or ultra light frame weight. The 605 allows for shooting 357MAG or 38SPL ammo this would be my choice due to the small price difference between the M85 and the 605 and flexibility of ammo choice since some ammo is getting difficult to locate. Now for over all fun factor of shooting and personal protection, and this doesn't make as much sense as the 605, would be to locate a Taurus M327. The 327MAG is a flat out right blast to shoot. It will fire a few other rounds of ammunition, none of which are as easy to locate or as cheap as the 38spl or the 357mag. But, once you fire one you won't care!!!!

Please don't forget Atlee on the 905

·
Registered
589 Posts
Thanks for remembering me. Should another 905 become available, I may be ready to make a deal. Unfortunately, it takes me a while to boil down all the information in my mind, especially WRT guns since I've never bought a handgun before. And I only have one shot [pun not intended] at getting it right. And whatever I get, I've got to live with it, like it or not.

Considering that your 905m is actually a 905cIB, the smallest 905 that they made, I don't think the 85ul is smaller than the 905c. Lighter, and maybe the same size, yes, but not smaller. Gee, that's such a nice gun you have there. I have that same gun, even the CT grips, in both the blue and matte, and the regular 905 blue w/ hammer. The 905c can be found at times, but you have to search for them....

The m380 is another viable option, using .380acp w/ stellar clips....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts