Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks. Out of curiosity, if at some point down the line I wanted to put a new barrel in my PT1911, what after market barrels work in this gun? Essentially, I just want to know if there is anything that I could just order, put in and be ready to roll. Specifically, I was thinking about a Bar-Sto. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
The PT1911 is mil-spec so I would imagine nearly any 1911barrel should work.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
My ignorance on 1911 details is almost deafening, but don't barrells have to be "fitted" to the link, bushing, etc?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Yes they do and some 1911's have to go to a gunsmith right out the gate to get them to function right. I've had an offbrand 1911 for about 10 years, when I first got it I had to polish the feed ramp so the gun would feed right. Back then this was standard, now they come from the factory polished. Then I had to get some work done internally (shot it so much the sear broke). But if you get a new barrel, intend to get a new bushing, and have someone who knows what he is doing to install it for you, once it's fitted you won't have to monkey with it again. Don't get me wrong I like 1911s, I just consider them a work in progress. Oh and don't spend money on any cheap GI mags, wilson combat or chip Mcormick, that will solve 90% of any feed issues there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts