Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't think so.
Washington is on the quarter and $1 bill.
Kennedy is on the half dollar. Put him on the $20 bill.

EDIT:
Jefferson is on the nickel and $2 bill.
Lincoln is on the one cent and $5 bill.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Mint is always making new plates, they do wear out, ya know.

·
Registered
24,604 Posts
Leave it alone. Why do we have to keep messing around with something that has no benefit. Let's encourage our pols to do something constructive.

·
Registered
3,497 Posts
But Ole Hickory never wore out, the leftists want to get him off the $20 because he fought the Indians and killed many of them. To me, being an Indian fighter in that time, is a recommendation not something to be censured for. Jackson IS the $20 and let no mamby-pampy leftist idealogues change that.

·
Registered
27,325 Posts
I think we should switch to plastic money.

And while we're at it, eliminate the politicization of money altogether. No presidents, no recognizable people at all.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about National Monuments or Parks?
El Capitan in Yosemite?
Niagara Falls?
Change all the money, not just the $20.

·
Super Moderator
17,704 Posts
I'm waiting for Sheila JACKSON Lee to nominate....Herself! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
Leave it alone. Why do we have to keep messing around with something that has no benefit. Let's encourage our pols to do something constructive.
Yeh, they may just need to start enforcing laws, preventing a dictator from changing laws, build a defense department, improve intelligence gathering...
But no, they're into important stuff like pictures on a dollar bill. Stupid country.

Reactions: rifleshooter

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
I don't have a real problem with it. If they want to add a woman to the $20 bill make it a family photo and simply add Jackson's wife along side of his photo.

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
We've already had the Susan B. Anthony $1 coin. Went over like a lead balloon. So, no. I'm agin it.
In all due fairness, it was not due to Susan B Anthony being on the coin. It was due to a failure of female equality issues. Society seems to believe that women are not equal to men in many ways including pay. So when some man designed the Anthony dollar coin they only sized it just a hair above the size of a quarter which made it difficult to distinguish itself.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Leave Jackson where he's at. The only reason this is even an issue is due to some whiny liberal group yelling racism.
That's what I said tonight at dinner. OOps wrong thing to say. My wife is still bitching about my "poor sexist attitude". I tried to tell her that I don't really care who's image is printed on the US currency or whether they are a man or a woman; but I do think whoever it is should be a person devoted to giving their all to government service. That is the historic precedent for US currency. NBC news tonight was pushing Rosa Parks as a candidate. I said thats BS. Not because Rosa Parks is female, or black, but because she doesn't fit the tradition of government service. That doesn't detract from her contributions to American society and the civil rights movement of the 60's. She is well deserving of all recognition for what she did and what she represents to America. But she doesn't belong on American currency. I wouldn't want to see John Glen, or Jimmy Stewart on our currency either. Why must the Libtards trample every American Tradition as if they were despicable?

1 - 20 of 91 Posts