Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what is the average time I should expect to have my gun retunred to me?I sent my 809 in because the safety would not engage. The decoker would work, but it would not go up to the safety position.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Recently, the turn around time has been pretty good. They should get a mail out to you with an estimate soon after it arrives. Some times they have had the gun back to the owner before the mail arrived.

All that being said, it could be from a few days to a few weeks depending on what they have to do, and available parts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the info Robby. I sent mine back through Academy (didn't have to pay any shipping that way), so I guess I won't get the mail.I checked the repair status link on Taurus' site, and it hasn't arrived there yet. Ready to get it back!

·
Registered
347 Posts
I was just wondering what is the average time I should expect to have my gun retunred to me?I sent my 809 in because the safety would not engage. The decoker would work, but it would not go up to the safety position.
I just got my OSS back on 12-17-11. I think it was mailed on 12-1-11 maybe later. The FFL dealer sat on it for 8 days before he sent it in so I;m not sure when he actually mailed it but the turn around was good on Taurus' part.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just checked, and it was shipped from Taurus today via FedEx!

Brought to you via Tapatalk.

·
Registered
9,166 Posts
Minor problems tend to be fast turnaround over the past few months, it only seems to stretch on longer if there is a major problem where parts are scarce for an old gun or the problem is persistant and has to go up for review. If it hits review, you'll probably end up with a new gun comparable to what you sent them.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Taurus received my 709 on Monday and they shipped Fex Ex Overnight today. I should get it tomorrow and see how they did.
I shipped mine through the store I purchased it at, so I didn't get the tracking info. Hoping mine is being overnighted also.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Taurus has a new policy, well relatively new since September 2011, that all repairs will be made within 2 months or the gun will be destroyed and replaced with a new one. The new CEO at Taurus is all about improving customer service and I think that shows in the comments we've been getting in the last few weeks. Taurus has been listening and they are very focused on customer service making issues better!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I sent my PT1911 back over the Thanksgiving Holidays and got it back in less than two weeks. I received the gun before two days before I got the letter saying it was being repaired.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it back today. Academy (the store I bought it at) shipped it on the 14th, so it took 8 days. Very impressed, to say the least.

Best part is I didn't have to pay to ship it to Taurus either!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Lifetime warranty and two months max turnaround, looks like other manufactures may have their work cut out for them.
+1

And to be perfectly honest I am SHOCKED at the turn around speed. Just name one other thing (other than guns) that even has a LIFETIME warranty? also most anything that has a 2-5yr warranty will take 2-4 months before you get it back. I think Taurus is unmatched when it comes to customer service and turn around speed on repairs. Even if it takes the full 2 months, ITS FREE FOR LIFE!

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
Unfortunately, over the last 6 months I've had to take advantage of the Lifetime Warranty 4 times with 3 guns, but they've all been polite and prompt. At times, frustrated, but still a satisfied Taurus owner. I guess I'm just 'lucky'. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
I recently sent in my 1911 for a repair and had it back within 10 days. That was with shipping time both ways. I had the gun back the same day i got the letter in the mail. Was very impressed with their service and turn around time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I sent mine in a little bit ago and got an email 3 days later stating they had the firearm and it should be back within 4 weeks. This is my first expierence with Taurus service and so far it's going smooth.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I sent a 738 on Jan 30 then got the four-week letter. I'm thinking mine will be a good test of turnaround time. It will definitely have to be replaced; any 'service tech' who can see won't even try to repair it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Update. Just got it back. 2.5 weeks from drop off date to day of delivery. Not bad!

·
Super Moderator
26,911 Posts
When you think about it, to offer a lifetime warrantee for anything that is designed, to take controlled explosion after controlled explosion, to me is amazing. AND for the company to actually honor its warrantee, and still be available to do so is a testament to Taurus and the people behind Taurus. Most of the time if you get a 5 yr warrantee on something and try and claim...its well did you do the maintenance?
I am all for Taurus.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts