Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying that I was a little freaked out when my new pistol broke at the first range session!

The plastic guide rod broke in half and the barrel was gouged up for improper alignment.

I reluctantly sent the gun it for a warranty repair to Taurus in Miami, because I had heard horror stories about repair time 3-4 months!

Sounded like a nightmare but I sent it in anyway because Taurus even offered to pay postage.

I sent it on a Tuesday, and it was received on Wed. I got an E-mail saying it would be 4-6 weeks for processing!!!!!!!

Today is Friday (of the same week) and I received my 24/7 complete with a new STEEL guide rod STRONGER recoil spring and polished up barrel!

They even sent it back in a new hardcase (i sent it in an old Amazon box lol)

What is that like a 1-day turn-around time!! THAT IS UNHEARD OF.

Just wanted to say that Taurus repair service is outstanding.

Reactions: Armedpatriot

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
This is a great story, it looks like the service is getting better all the time.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Yay, Taurus!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issue with the G2. I bought mine about a month ago and it still sits in the box. Never have the time to shoot it. I just hope when I do get the time I don't have the same issue as you. Regardless, I'm glad to hear about your turn around time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@ Tasco if you have any issues likle FTF where the slide is 'pinching' the round and rubbing the barrel hard you might wanna call Taurus and ask for an upgraded recoil spring assembly, the new 1 they sent is all metal and the spring is stronger so it shoots faster and everything lines up perfect the stock one had a cheap plastic rod and weak spring and I guess that was causing all the issues but yeah guys I wouldnt be afraid to buy anything Taurus now that I know what their CS is like I have never had a 1-day Turnaround time on anything in my life.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Sorry to hear about your issue with the G2. I bought mine about a month ago and it still sits in the box. Never have the time to shoot it. I just hope when I do get the time I don't have the same issue as you. Regardless, I'm glad to hear about your turn around time.
I've had my 24/7 for almost a year now without a hitch, over 2500 rounds through it. About a month ago I purchased a 709 and have 350 rounds through it four different brands of ammo and it has ran flawlessly.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Good to hear about the fast turnaround sorry you had to send it in, in the first place. I hope the rest of your experience with it will be good keep us in the loop.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Glad to hear about the awesome CS and turn around .. I'm just wondering now if the stock guide rod can break at any giving time as I own two G2's..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yeah, There is this Big Boobed lady on Youtube knocking Taurus Customer Service. Sayin that her lil PT 22 handle broke. So she sent it in and it took 8 months for them to return her gun. I'm like WHY? Dint you just order replacement gripd for the gun? She just cursed me out and blocked my comments. lol! I have never had a problem with any handgun other than KelTec & EAA that I couldnt handle myself.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Glad to hear about the awesome CS and turn around .. I'm just wondering now if the stock guide rod can break at any giving time as I own two G2's..
I have had my G2 40 almost a year and more then 2500 rounds through it without a hitch.

·
Super Moderator
36,063 Posts
Great story....get that thing out to the range and shoot it! (help it to shake off the jet lag :D )

·
Registered
1 Posts
@ Tasco if you have any issues likle FTF where the slide is 'pinching' the round and rubbing the barrel hard you might wanna call Taurus and ask for an upgraded recoil spring assembly, the new 1 they sent is all metal and the spring is stronger so it shoots faster and everything lines up perfect the stock one had a cheap plastic rod and weak spring and I guess that was causing all the issues but yeah guys I wouldnt be afraid to buy anything Taurus now that I know what their CS is like I have never had a 1-day Turnaround time on anything in my life.
Johnsen, will you look at my album and let me know if my barrel looks like yours did?
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/members/26118-albums569.html

I just got the G2 wed. and this is the first 100rds with 3 to 4 failure to feeds each magazine. I think i'm going to have to call Taurus for repair work.
This sucks!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts