Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The firing pin on my 450ti failed. The circumstances are described on another thread.

I can't complain about Taurus repair service. The revolver departed my house via FedExpress on Monday morning.
The repair department emailed me on Wednesday evening that repairs were complete and gave me a tracking number for the return shipment.

It arrived back Thursday morning; a three-day turn-around. The repair department had obviously test-fired it (of course, so did I)
and cleaned it.

Conclusion - no matter what Taurus might say about dry-firing, I'm now going to use snap caps for the 100+/week 'rounds' on the indoor laser targeting range. The S&W 625 has gone back to the gun safe and the 450ti is in the ankle holster for daily wear.

·
Super Moderator
35,329 Posts
Great result! Yeah, I don't do any dry firing of any of my weapons without a snap cap. I don't do it with my Rugers nor anything else. Just makes me worry about things.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Nice to see a couple taurus repairs that were done expeditiously and correctly. Congratz.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
I'm glad the got it running for you again! Thanks for the follow up!

·
Registered
552 Posts
The firing pin on my 450ti failed. The circumstances are described on another thread.

I can't complain about Taurus repair service. The revolver departed my house via FedExpress on Monday morning.

The repair department emailed me on Wednesday evening that repairs were complete and gave me a tracking number for the return shipment.
He's kiddin' folks. It never goes THAT smoothly.;)

(Gotta get a good report up with nasty ones of frustration and anger!):soapbox:

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm really pleased to read of your positive experience with Taurus Customer Service!

About five weeks ago I returned my TCP for service. I was informed about ten days ago that they are going to replace the little pistol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts