Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Georgia's reopening of our state on April 28, I got an update from our state Gun Lobby (GaCarry.org) today stating that Kemp has begun ordering county probate judge offices; the probate office is who issues our GWCL (carry permits).

I yellow highlighted the counties who are currently reopened and, yes, my county is included.

Anyone have any updates to share on their state's carry permit issuing agency?

229A4161-A5FB-4DFA-B4C8-93ED5682B899.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
13,778 Posts
New Mexico's governor is enjoying her journey into tyranny too much, to start doing that kind of thing.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My permit came up for renewal recently here in KY. While a permit to carry a weapon is no longer required here, having one makes any gun transfer a breeze. Plus if I travel through another state with a reciprocity agreement, I'm covered. Our Sheriff's office distributes the permits, issued through the KSP. The Sheriff also normally takes the renewal application and will update your photo for another $5 bucks, but their office is closed to the public now. I submitted for renewal with the KSP online ($10 bucks higher) and got my letter of approval within a week! It stated that the new permit would be at the Sheriff's office by the 10th of May.

That was a Sunday (which I thought was odd), so I called on Monday. Since they are not allowing anyone inside the Sheriff's office, I had to drop a $20 check in their night deposit box, and they are supposed to mail the permit to me. Today is the 14th, and I expect it in today's mail when I get home. It was only going across town, but all of our mail has to go to Louisville for sorting, and then sent back to my Post Office for delivery. Over 100 mile round trip, to go 10 miles across town. Government efficiency at work there.

All in all it seems quicker than what I did 5 years ago. But I've slept a lot since then, and I think some of my brain cells escape when I'm not awake. (or they just die)

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even if Ga ever goes to Constitutional Carry I will still go the permit route for reciprocity and "cleaner" transactions - like when buying a gun in Ga, with a GWCL you can skip the background check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts