Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I sat down to fully disassemble my TCP for a detail cleaning.

Can't even get the frame removed.. I know the front pin by the trigger is suppose to hold the frame in place.. IT WILL NOT BUDGE.

I found a post over here: https://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/smithing/82243-reversing-magazine-release-tcp-pt738.html

saying it comes out easy.. well mine does not.
I've pounded on it HARD and it will not move.

My specimen was made in 2017.. so obviously they've done something.. maybe they don't want people taking them apart.. I don't know.
But something is going on.. anyone taken down a newer production 738?

I don't know how they've managed to keep the pin so secure but Im so frustrated at this point im having thoughts of melting the grip down just to get a look at what non sense taurus has done... or maybe drill the thing out.. seriously im ready to destroy this gun.

I tried driving out the sear pin.. 1 little tap and it got a healthy start.. so that pin is ok.. but obviously something has changed in production for the front frame pin.

Idea's?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well since no one has any ideas.. I bumped it up a notch, tried using a nail as a punch and tried to move the pin with a c-clamp.. result: nail bent.

So I tried heating up the gun with a heat gun.. I did it nice and slow the gun was hot enough to burn me.. ya it didn't move.
Had been using a light weight hammer, well Next stop 16oz framing hammer..

If that don't move it Im out of idea's short of drilling it out.

I drove out the rear pin that holds the sear, though maybe it would loosen up the back, it didn't, so if I don't get it apart the gun is useless now.

This isn't just a difficult pin.. this was intentional I don't know how they did it but I can only surmise it's to keep people from taking them down beyond a field strip.

having the same problem on a 709 although i haven't messed with that as much.

·
Registered
36,928 Posts
Super Glue, Duct Tape and a very large hammer-- contents of any mans tool box.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts