Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to have a smith remove the underlug off a newer model 94 so I can use it in the leather holsters I have for my older 94's that dont have the underlug. Holsters for this model are pretty scarce it seems unless ya want Nylon. Im sure the underlug can be removed.....any reason why I shouldnt ?

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
Well, besides the fact that it might look like hell, I guess not. I don't know why Taurus decided to put a full length underlug on a 22 but they did. I think I'd just try to find an older one that didn't have one and trade in the one you have now, instead of doing something so radical, but to each his own.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Yes it is possible to machine the under lug off and reshape the barrel. Type of finish on the gun may not be easy to match. Some of the Taurus blue finish is not a normal blue. The stainless is usually easier. It is probably going to be cheaper to find a holster. Machining and reshape of the barrel will take some time and quality smith time is not cheap.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'd keep looking for a holster that would accommodate the gun, rather than altering an of its mechanisms.

·
Registered
31,694 Posts
You might look for a good boot repair shop to modify the holster. This seems easier, more like taking Mohammed to the Mountain than the other way around. Perhaps a spacer between the leathers stitched together in the holster would give the added room and the older revolvers should still be fairly snug.

Even a custom holster should be less than the expense of a machinist!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts