Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using the remora holster for the slim series taurus, I am looking at trying one, and would like any input, as far as how you like it, should i get the reinforced top, sweat shield,. what do you have and how does it work for you ? Thanks

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Anyone using the remora holster for the slim series taurus, I am looking at trying one, and would like any input, as far as how you like it, should i get the reinforced top, sweat shield,. what do you have and how does it work for you ? Thanks

I have 2 Remora's and now use them almost exclusively.

I live on the Texas Gulf coast with heat, humidity, and salt air. so I added the optional full sweat shield on both. One of the two has the extra mag pouch. I did not get the reinforced top, but have had no problems reholstering. They are so comfortable that I wear them all day every day (well, not in bed) and hardly ever notice them. I always have a white cotton T-shirt on, with a Polo-type, pocket T-shirt, or button down dress shirt on over the Remora. I wear a 1.5" or 1.75" leather belt fairly tight, and the holster is very stable.

Alan, the founder of Remora, is great at answering emails if you have any questions. I suggested a tuckable for those days I have to meet a dress code, and he told me that I could tuck the top 2" of my Remora's, and to watch his website for some new styles, including a possible tuckable.

If anyone is in law enforcement, Alan gives a decent discount on his products.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have 2 Remora's and now use them almost exclusively..
To add to TexasDeputy's comments, I also have 2 Remora Holsters. One J-Frame pocket holster I use to carry my M85 Stainless DAO .38 and one I use IWB to carry my M44C Stainless Tracker .44mag. I went through several holsters, including a Bianchi "Pancake" OWB which is great, but it prints badly unless you wear a very loose shirt over it. The Remora stays put, is easily adjusted and I DID get the reinforced top for easier re-holstering because of it being a revolver. Works as advertised. If I buy any more handguns, I won't bother buying any other brand of holster for them. I have a drawer full of ones that didn't work out for me and I'll probably put them up on the "Pay It Forward" thread to reclaim that drawer for other things (like AMMO). :D

Reactions: JerryMac

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't have a slim but I use a Remora for my 24/7 pro c and I love it. I talked to Alan and he slightly modified one of his standard holsters to better fit the 24/7 for me. I did not get the sweat shield or the reinforced top. I don't have any trouble with re-holstering although i don't do it very often either. I didn't get the sweat shield because I didn't think it was necessary and I think it makes it more versatile. I can use the same holster for strong side, small of the back, or cross draw. I think its darn near impossible to beat the value of the Remora holster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts