Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remington Opts to Stay in New York State & Expand Operations After Getting $80m Govt

SO did Remington sell out oer will this HELP reverse the anti gun agenda of Gov Coma?

Quote..... This story seems to have managed to stay in the local NY media until now.

According to a report from Albany Watch, Despite concerns from local officials and residents that the Remington Arms plant in the Mohawk Valley could close or move because of New York’s tough gun-control law, the company is actually looking to expand its existing plant, the Associated Press reported, citing local media reports.

Remington Opts to Stay in New York State & Expand Operations After Getting $80m Govt Contract

Hanna Announces Remington Receives $80 Million Contract

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
It's all about the Benjamen's.

Goodbye remington.

Edited to add: Goodbye freedom group.

Reactions: atomiccat2002

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I am not buying any more Remington ammo don't own there gun's now I'm glad. I don't care if there ammo is the only thing on the shelf in these hard to find ammo times I am not buying it and I love golden saber's to very sad time for me. Remington is owned by the massive investment company, Freedom Group, who also owns Marlin, DPMS, Para, Bushmaster and several other gun manufacturers. So won't be purchasing gun's from these guy's either.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I didn't Particularly like Remington anyway.

Looks like I will be buying more Taurus!

Though I would like it if Taurus manufactured ammo as well :)

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I agree, my future purchases won't say Remington on them.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
I might be offering up the only Remington product I have in my home.

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Considering Remington is owned by the Freedom Group, which in turn is owned by Cerberus, I'm not surprised.

In April of 2013, the Remington Arms company, part of the Freedom Group, made a company decision to accept an $80 million dollar US Government bid and continue to manufacturer firearms in the State of New York. Many gun owners felt betrayed [SUP][9][/SUP] by the direction that the CEO Robert Nardelli was taking the company and began a boycott of all of the Freedom Group's product lines. Those product lines include Remington, Bushmaster, Remington Military, Remington LE, Marlin Firearms, H&R 1871, Dakota Arms, Tapco, DPNS, Panther Arms, Parker Gunmakers, Barnes Bullets, Advanced Armament, Para USA, Remington PMPD, and Mountain Khakis.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Ok, that's all high-sounding and we're on our horses, and all. However, unless we let Remington know what we're doing, it will all be lost in the fanfare of the new contract. Same with the Freedom Group, and Cerberus.

WE need to communicate this to all three entities, THEN stop purchasing their products. A small slump in sales in today's market could easily be written off as a local blip. We need to get this out to everyone that we know. Talk it up at your LGS, at the Gun Shows, and on other forums, as well. It would be fairly simple, just by delaying anyone's purchase of a Remington product for a few months, to show Remington that the entire amount of that contract has been lost due to consumer unhappiness. Selling off your Remington products of 100 years ago means nothing to today's management. It's TODAY'S products that need to sit on the shelves, untouched.

If you have a Remington product, and it's not 100% correct, start sending them in for Warranty work. Again and again, until it's perfect. This costs Remington every time that the gun appears in their door-way. Bleed them with a thousand cuts.

I own several Remington rifles. Most of them were built in the early 1900's. Selling them seems like cutting off my nose to spite my face. It won't have any effect upon the current situation, nor will it do anything but lose money for me. The management team of the time was quite Pro-2nd Amendment. So where's the statement?

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Reactions: cassrh

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
The song changed quickly---
Remington Arms Company threatens to pull plant out of New York in response to Bloomy-backed gun bill - NY Daily News

Only Remington's I have are 870 and are very old indeed. Any plans for future Remington's is now cancealed.
There is a date question regarding both articles. The article from the OP is dated April and the article about them pulling out over micro stamping is from March. Micro stamping didn't pass, I believe.

so this is even a bigger sell out by them.

Btw, it's a good point about letting them know directly. But what will happen is that there will be a very vocal minority, us, and there may be a small sales blip, but in a few months there will be nothing and everything will return to normal for them.

Unless this goes viral and there is an organized mass boycott we are whistling in the wind.

For me though... Nothing made by any freedom group company will pass my hands or get my dollars.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Nothing for me from these turncoats. Why would I want to send money to help the state of New York?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts