Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering when Marlin would be in production under the Ruger auspices and found this article. It speaks to Remington's woes in re-starting productions and more interesting is the part about ammo. A most probable contributor to the shortage.

More info on Ruger's moves through the pandemic,

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it but I read an industry article recently that said Ruger was going to discontinue both the Marlin model 60 and the model R1 and R1 enhanced 1911s because both of those guns are direct competition with similar models produced by Ruger.

It also hinted of a new Ruger lever action. 22 rifle in the near future.

Don

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I can't remember where I saw it but I read an industry article recently that said Ruger was going to discontinue both the Marlin model 60 and the model R1 and R1 enhanced 1911s because both of those guns are direct competition with similar models produced by Ruger.

Don
Well, that's tragic news. Guess I'll have to get an old Marlin 60/75 before they become collector's items.

·
Registered
33 Posts

Don
I figured the Model 60 would go away, Ruger doesn't want anything competing with the 10-22.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
The Round Hill group acquired all Remington branded firearms. So I don't think Ruger got the R1 1911 production. Besides, that was the only handguns Remington was able to eventually make right.

Maloy

Don

·
Super Moderator
36,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd like to see the R 51 get perfected with a long track record. I still think it's a great looking gun.

Reactions: jwc007

·
22,716 Posts
Great looking, and a very interesting locking mechanism.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts