Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Savage Weather Warrior in .300 win mag but its right handed.
Because its right handed I almost never use it.
It is a favorite rifle of mine and my first gun but the righthandedness depresses me lol.
I was thinking of selling it for the price and buying a left handed version but I found I can get a left handed Rem 700 heavy barrel tactical in .300 for a few bucks less.
To me the Rem seems like a better deal. Its more accurate and its black rather than steel which is better for hunting.

What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I am a bigger fan of Savage as compared to the Remington, but if the Rem meets your requirements better, go with it. The 700 is a great rifle with tons of aftermarket support.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Well if you're lefty and it's available i say buy it. It's rare in a right handed world to find those lefties tucked away in the back of the store.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im a big fan of the Savage as well. Theres just two or three things that are influencing me to the Remington.
I find with the Savage the barrel is fairly long and light compared to the Remington which is a shorter heavier barrel more suited to competition shooting. I personally prefer short heavy barrels. The savage in a left handed model has a hinged floor plate style box I prefer a detachable box.
Hehe I just feel like im cheating on my brand but the Rem suits me better lol.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
Hehe I just feel like im cheating on my brand but the Rem suits me better lol.
I don't think the Savages will put you in the dog house just for buying a Remington.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts