Taurus Firearm Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,046 Posts
Interesting. So you don't carry?
Nope. Only have a handful of times at my wife's request. I figure the odds of something happening to me where a gun may be useful are probably a statistical zero, so I don't want the responsibility.

·
Registered
20,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was in there Saturday morning and one of the ladies told me she'd heard they caught him after a high speed chase on Friday night.
That rumor was incorrect, he actually was arrested yesterday though and is now in the county jail.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Boy that's a tough one... Now I know some of you say I wish I had been there to stop him but ponder this scenario. He has a shotgun drawn on the clerk a few feet in front of him. You rather than notify law enforcement and take photos of the cars in lot decide to be a good guy and use your edc for àn assault against the robber. As you shoot his trigger finger tenses up and discharges the firearm right into the clerk ending his life. Also ponder the fact that even law enforcement would more than likely not engage the suspect alone and probably not with a shotgun drawn on the clerk at pbr.

Please think before you act people we are the good guys but just because we have a concealed permit we are not law enforcement nor do we have the appropriate training for these situations. We are good guys not John Rambo.

Now if the joker in question begins to move the muzzle of that shotgun anywhere remotely in my direction then I would open fire with my weapon drawn and ready because this is what I consider a level 3 situation.

It's a fine line. Hypotheticals are nice to say i.e. if I had been there I woulda... But they are pretty much as worthless as the lack of training the person who is speaking has.

Food for thought.

·
Registered
28,339 Posts
I wasn't there, I didn't do it, nobody saw me and you can't prove a thing.
Excuse me, but you already admitted you were there. People obviously saw something. What can be proven remains to be seen.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I do not ever question events like that. When I was 18 I wanted to buy a motorcycle I seen for sale on Craigslist. Went and check it out. Told the guy I would go to the bank and get the money now. (I never carried large sums of cash until I seen what I was buying in person) So he told me, look man, I got someone else coming. If they have the cash on them or your not back before he gets here it's getting sold. So I drove to the bank, of course, a slow moving line I get a text message about 20 minutes later. "bikes sold". I was kind a pissed. found out that evening from a state trooper friend of mine the guy who purchased that bike had a blow out on the highway on the way home and was killed. Cause of the blow out. Old tires.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I find it very curious regarding this thread. Most people on these forums carry a gun only for themselves and their families, which is great. Point is most have said they will not get involved in defending another.

Better know you state laws before getting involved. In Texas getting involved by using deadly force is legal.
I am almost 99% sure unless you are in California, Illinois or New York. They adore criminals in those states. If an armed robbery is in progress and you stop the person with your firearm. You are going to be okay. As long as you do not shoot him in the back. The thing believe it or that I would me worried about is that POS sensitive include everyone me-too movement loving person is going to sue you because you hurt their ears and traumatized them when you saved the clerks life.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
A few last thought before you decide to get involved

Are you sure there is only ONE robber
What if he has a back up just acting like
another shopper?

Is there an armed getaway driver outside?

Do you have your family with you?

it’s better to be a live witness than a dead hero
Scan your surroundings when you are in the gas station. Pay attention every time you hear the door open.
Bank job I would be with you in agreement 100%, armed getaway, robbing a gas station or dollar general (I do not know why people like robbing them places so much) the driver is going to bounce after you start shooting. I can almost guarantee it.
If I have my family with me, I am sorry, its everyone for themselves. I know how that works if I was on the receiving end. I'm gonna get abandoned as well.
Really wouldn't want to get involved if I have the opportunity to stop it though. So be it.

·
Banned
203 Posts
...of why I always carry. I stop in at a li'l gas station/mini-mart about 1/4 mile from my garage every morning. I was running a bit late so I got there at about 8:15 this morning, they'd been robbed around 7:30 by some guy with a shotgun. Glad I missed it but ya' just never know.
Old friend of mine used to deliver magazines to small stores. He told me "either we leave and they get robbed or we get there right after a robbery." That was the reason he gave me for him beginning to carry at work.

You never can tell and crime is on the rise. Just a week ago a mowing client of mine had to draw on two men in his backyard. He caught them scoping out his place and they threatened him when he told them to leave.

Glad you missed that OP.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts